Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Session timing out intermittently

[eluser]thecancerus[/eluser]
i solved my problem by switching of "IP address" check. It seems like for few people the ip address keeps changing between requests.

[eluser]bikuta[/eluser]
Yea i'm going to try turning off IP check and changing the cookie name so that it doesn't have the _

[eluser]bikuta[/eluser]
I haven't confirmed that the IP Check was actually the problem, however the users ticked "Always allow session cookies" in IE 6 and it started working for them.

Another issue I'm getting is that, one user logs on and if another user logs on from the same network, the first user now has the session id of the 2nd user. Does anyone know why this could be happening?

[eluser]bikuta[/eluser]
They might be using a (Citrix) terminal server, so could it because the Temporary Internet Files are shared between both users?

[eluser]bikuta[/eluser]
Are native php sessions more reliable? i.e, not having dependence on cookies? I saw that there is a Native session library, but it seems like it hasn't been updated for CI 1.6. Any suggestions?

[eluser]Rick Jolly[/eluser]
Unless you pass the session id in the url, cookies are required. Try the native session library. Unlike native sessions, I don't think CI sessions send cache control headers. That might help and it wouldn't hurt to try.

[eluser]bikuta[/eluser]
With the issue where the user session data gets mixed up, it's only affecting networks that use terminals, i.e, users log on to their windows server via RDP

How would I need to handle this to make sure that user A's cookies are independent of user B's cookies?

At the moment it seems like whoever created the cookie last, that is what everyone sees, so if user A and user B has logged on and user C logs on, both user A and user B will be using user C's session.

[eluser]bikuta[/eluser]
Is it possible to have cookie names to be dynamic?

[eluser]Rick Jolly[/eluser]
So users are sharing the same computer. If the cookie is saved to disk, then all users will share the same cookie. Native sessions by default don't save the cookie to disk. Rather it is stored in memory until the browser is closed. There shouldn't be overlapping sessions in that case.

[eluser]bikuta[/eluser]
Ah ok, great so the DB2_Session library does this right?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB