Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Query strings

[eluser]jt`[/eluser]
Let's say I'm in the library someLibrary. How would I access a particular query string in the URL, let's say it's &someParam=someString.

So, if I'm in someLibrary, looking at function SomeFunction(){}, how could I get &someParam;?

Is there a direct call to get query strings that I'm not seeing? Or does it need to be passed from the controller or function that is being used? If so, how would I pass it?

Much thanks in advance to anyone who could chime in and help me out on this one.

-JT

[eluser]Pascal Kriete[/eluser]
$_GET['someParam'] or even better $this->input->get('someParam') (if you're in a library you'll need a reference to the CI super object).

EDIT:
To clarify the reference thing:
Code:
$CI =& get_instance();
$var = $CI->input->get('someParam');

[eluser]jt`[/eluser]
inparo: excellent, thank you.

P.S. If you liked Hancock, you'll love Wanted. The very last line in the movie is the best part.

[eluser]Seppo[/eluser]
@inparo I believe your example will look better if you use $CI instead of $this =)

[eluser]jt`[/eluser]
I'm not sure if anyone can chime in on this, but while we're on the topic of query strings...

I love the Form Validation approach of validating $POST variables (http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-gui...ation.html). Is there an easy way to use the same validation class on query strings?

I tried to hack at it a little, with no luck. Also, the documentation only explains the use case of an HTML form.

[eluser]Pascal Kriete[/eluser]
Whoops, thanks Seppo - fixed.

@jt - I'll make a point of watching it Smile .

You could make a copy of the library, call it something else, and replace all $_POST references with $_GET . If you only need to check one rule, remember that individual rules are simply public methods. You can call any of them.

Example - alpha-numeric check:
Code:
$this->load->library('validation');

$dirty = $_GET['dirty_variable'];

if ( ! $this->validation->alpha_numeric($dirty) )
{
    exit('Not cool');
}

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB