Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Most secured user authentication

[eluser]Boyz26[/eluser]
Hi all,

I am trying to decide on which *auth is the most secured user authentication I can get out of the box. Can anyone point me around?

I've tried ezauth and auth. The codeigniter blog recommends auth. Are they using it for this forum too? And how secured/unsecured can these be?

Thank you so much!!

(PS: I switched from Ruby on Rails to CodeIgniter because it is so much easier on the webhosts. Love the CI userguide too!)

[eluser]Tom Glover[/eluser]
Have a look at Redux Auth, it uses two layers of password security and in continually being im proved.

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
I think as long as passwords aren't being stored as is, you've already got a reasonable amount of security. However, any of the libraries available can be made unsecure if you implement them poorly.

[eluser]Randy Casburn[/eluser]
[quote author="Boyz26" date="1216516902"]Hi all,

I am trying to decide on which *auth is the most secured user authentication I can get out of the box. Can anyone point me around?

I've tried ezauth and auth. The codeigniter blog recommends auth. Are they using it for this forum too? And how secured/unsecured can these be?

Thank you so much!!

(PS: I switched from Ruby on Rails to CodeIgniter because it is so much easier on the webhosts. Love the CI userguide too!)[/quote]

Please consider this post: Authentication (ACL) - Challenges - Solutions - Dilemmas

Thanks,

Randy

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB