Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
a

[eluser]jabw[/eluser]
ok so i tried your htaccess file and there was no difrence this is one i found on another forum to do with the same problem wich i am currently useing

Options +FollowSymLinks
Options -Indexes
DirectoryIndex index.php
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond $1 !^(index\.php|img|css|js|robots\.txt|favicon\.ico)
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?/$1 [L,QSA]

but make no diffrence ither. is there any other solutions out there.

i have changed my language to php5 just to see if it make a change but aparantly that can take a while so no change yet.

thanks

[eluser]Pascal Kriete[/eluser]
Anthony, the htaccess file you're using works. With the slight change that it also removes index.php; so example.com/login works, but example.com/index.php/login does not.

If the app is programmed properly, all you should need to do is blank out your index_page in the config file.

[eluser]jabw[/eluser]
id love to say that did the trick but unfortuanly it made no diffrence same erros when i hover the curor over a link it still display the file path as example.com/index.php/login in the status bar so even tho i have removed the index page from config it still requires it to link but with a question mark

any more sugestions...

[eluser]Pascal Kriete[/eluser]
I've run out of appreciable ideas, everything beyond this point would be trial and error.

I can only suggest contacting the original developer and telling him about the issue (possibly with a link to this thread). He should be accustomed to dealing with bug reports - in fact, he should've been the one handling this in the first place.

This problem is a combination of a less-than-stellar host and an application which, and I can only guess here, hardcodes index.php in it's links (with all due respect to the developer - why?!?). CodeIgniter applications can work on GoDaddy, but as Derek mentioned it is not always an easy feat - especially if you aren't a developer yourself.

Good luck,
Pascal

[eluser]jabw[/eluser]
ok although a very long process would it be a solution to go through all the template files and just put a question mark on all the links after.php the only problem is i cant find the index.tpl iv tried a search in mu local folder and no index.tpl apears so what document could i look at to find where its getting its layout and content from....

is this the right way to go about it as

trial and error could take jsut as long

thanks for all your effort anyway guys.

Ant

[eluser]jabw[/eluser]
ok so not really understanding this if i got to websited and click view source on the index page i get all the links i need to change- login, register, and forgot password, and so on... where is this code on my hosting in the index.php there is only some options for setting up system folder, application folder set server path, application constants, define E_strict and load the front controllor. so im lost on that one and if there is no index.tpl how does it display what it is displaying once again here is the url- www.lesjavea.com and if anyone can help me, if they need the server log in details then i will PM them.

thanks

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB