Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
a

[eluser]jabw[/eluser]
yeah sorry that was me messing around with other settings in the config with the EXT iv put it back now and you can force the question mark

this is the version im using anyway
// CI Version
define('APPVER', '1.5.2');

[eluser]Pascal Kriete[/eluser]
Adding a question mark really should do it. How are you generating your links? Are you using anchor() or are they hardcoded?

[eluser]jabw[/eluser]
as i said at the top, this was a clone script all i did was upload all the files and import the database and link them together and followed a few instuctions, so the links where already there iv never even herd of codeigniter till now and im not great with php ither i am quite happy if you like to pm you the login details for the ftp and you can have a look around if you like...

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
anthonyjbarnes, I've merged this thread with your other of the same topic. Again, an effort to keep all discussion of your topic in one place. No need to multiple post or post in caps, we see it.

Godaddy is notoriously difficult. What did your google search for "codeigniter godaddy" reveal? For that matter, what did your forum search reveal?

Sighs, godaddy... should've known (didn't look at the other thread, I skip the all caps ones).

Since your script may not be coded with anchor tags, completely removing index.php probably isn't an option, so something like this should be more appropriate:

Make a file called .htaccess in your root (where the index.php file resides) with this content:
Code:
RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^index\.php\?(.*)
RewriteRule ^index.php/?(.*)$ index.php?/$1 [L]

Then change the uri_protocol in the script to:
Code:
$config['uri_protocol']    = "QUERY_STRING";

Let us know how that goes.

[eluser]jabw[/eluser]
ok that gave me the following: error 500 internal server error any more sugestions but thats cos i had copy and pasted the htaccess code wrong, iv corected it now and have done exatly as you instructed but link still do now work

thanks

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
Godaddy is notoriously difficult. What did your google search for “codeigniter godaddy” reveal? For that matter, what did your forum search reveal?

[eluser]jabw[/eluser]
a

You need to do it in an editor that supports unix line endings. Notepad++ would be one.
If you have shell access, any of the native linux editors such as vi, vim, nano, pico, etc will do it.

Alternatively you could unzip the attached, upload, and rename (if you open it, do not resave it).

EDIT: It's a server issue, changing your php version shouldn't make a difference.

It appears to be working fine without the index.php now Tongue .

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB