Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
(Solved) Can't install ImageMagick

[eluser]markanderson993[/eluser]
Well I’m just about ready to pull my hair out, I downloaded and installed MacPorts. Thats all good and fine but when I try and run the sudo port, it says it was not a command or gave some sort of bash unrecognized error. So apprently that not working, I went on to installing the binary version into the /Users/myname directory. And so I got though the entire procedure and everything worked great and I got the nice picture at the end (make logo.gif or whatever). Then I try running my upload script with the ImageMagick library_path set to /Users/myname/ImageMagick-6.4.2 but of course I get the same error: “Image processing failed. Please verify that your server supports the chosen protocol and that the path to your image library is correct.”

Xampp is installed in the Applications folder (/Applications/Xampp/) and ImageMagick is installed in the /Users/myname/ folder (Note: myname is just the sub I’m using for what what I really input there).

If anyone has any idea whatsoever on installing ImageMagick and allowing to comply with CodeIgniter please please please post.

Thanks a bunch,
Mark

(The thread this post was originally in had become irrelevant so I posted this as a new thread)

[eluser]Pascal Kriete[/eluser]
Your MacPorts problem it sounds like you didn't update your PATH.

Try running it with: sudo /opt/local/bin/port

As for ImageMagick, I haven't got a clue, but I'm guessing that php doesn't have access to the directory you installed it in.

Great thank you this really helped. But now when I run sudo /opt/local/bin/port install ImageMagick I get an error 127 saying

---> Building bzip2 with target all
sh: make: command not found
Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_archivers_bzip2/work/bzip2-1.0.5" && make all PREFIX="/opt/local" " returned error 127
Command output: sh: make: command not found

I've got to admit, I'm a bit baffled at this. So after some searching I found some threads that pointed toward xCode, tell me, am I headed in the right direction??

- Mark

Well, install worked, but now I can't seem to get the write library_path in my codeigniter upload controller. I tried /opt/local/lib/ImageMagick-6.4.2/ but that still threw me the

"Image processing failed. Please verify that your server supports the chosen protocol and that the path to your image library is correct." error

Hmm...

For anyone who has had this same problem I found my scripts to work when I changed the upload path to /opt/local/bin/

Hope this helps someone out!

- Mark

[eluser]FumarMata[/eluser]
Great! That helped me

However, you don't need to change the upload path but the library path:

Code:
$config['library_path'] = "/opt/local/bin/";

Thanks!

marc

[eluser]dobbler[/eluser]
THANK YOU!!!! This was a nightmare!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB