Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
pConnect problems

[eluser]-sek[/eluser]
I had a query fail several times after disabling persistent connections in the database config. Enabling pconnect apparently restored the query to function again. The only thing I can see from playing with this is that there may some interaction between parameterization and persistent connections. Some other queries that did not use parameters did not fail. Before I get too deep into this, I wonder if anyone has seen anything like this?

Thanks

[eluser]Yash[/eluser]
Your Qs is incomplete..I can't help

I mean it may be ur hosting prob. [u don't mention about localhost/web host ]

explain more

[eluser]-sek[/eluser]
I was hoping someone may have seen it before and might know the answer off the top of their head.

Today, I did some more testing. The profile page on our site does a number of queries. With pconnect disabled, the page fails with a database error. With pconnect enabled, the page loads. This does not happen for all profiles, so it seemed possible some piece of data, perhaps missing or incorrect, was influencing the query. I started looking for commonalities in the failures.

Out of nine profiles, three were failing. The others worked fine whether pconnect was enabled or disabled. I crossed several possibilities off my list until I noticed that the latitude and longitude fields (geotag) for the users that were failing were all 0/0, the default value before the user specifies their location using a draggable map marker. After saving a location other than 0/0 lat/lon for the user, the profile loads fine whether pconnect is enabled or disabled. I just loaded another profile with the lat/lon zero zero and the profile loads with pconnect enabled and fails on pconnect disabled.

The query that is failing is in our "friends" model code that pulls up a list of friends to display on the profile for the user. I am looking at that query and associated code, but it seems strange that a query would fail with pconnect disabled and run fine with it enabled no matter what the data or query was, as long as the SQL was properly formed.

I will post back when I have more information.

[eluser]mr.zeno[/eluser]
What kind of database are you using?

By any change MSSQL(2000?) .. I've seen the same behavior with dates in MSSQL2000

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB