Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter Community Voice - Generating PDF files using CodeIgniter

[eluser]Zola[/eluser]
Thanks mrtopher, i really appreciated your help. I'll definitely try that and give you feedback. I am enjoying CI big time. :lol:

Cheers.

[eluser]Geoffrey[/eluser]
Just for those that are interested, FPDI now supports TCPDF so you can import PDFs as templates. TCPDF also supports utf-8 as well.

Rather than include tcpdf+fpdi as a CI library or plugin, I've added them to my php include directory so I can have 1 copy used for multiple projects. I've created a tcpdf bootstrap file that includes all the necessary files for it to work and then in my controllers where I require pdf support, I just include this bootstrap file.

The nice thing with TCPDF is that it is still being actively developed with new features added like more html/css support.

[eluser]troll[/eluser]
hi, i tested it and works very good. but i have some problems trying to attach some images.
in the documentation there is a ezImage function. i used it with the full path of my image but it is noy displayed within the pdf document.

Code:
$this->cezpdf->ezImage(base_url().$this->config->item('FAL_css')."/log_4.jpg");

please help!!
thanks

[eluser]giannis[/eluser]
[quote author="troll" date="1228029239"]hi, i tested it and works very good. but i have some problems trying to attach some images.
in the documentation there is a ezImage function. i used it with the full path of my image but it is noy displayed within the pdf document.

Code:
$this->cezpdf->ezImage(base_url().$this->config->item('FAL_css')."/log_4.jpg");

please help!!
thanks[/quote]

There are some complaints from PHP about a variable $cont and $offset.

A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice

Filename: libraries/cezpdf.php

Line Number: 1309

-----------

A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice

Filename: libraries/cezpdf.php

Line Number: 1393

what I did was to put the @ in front of them so the warning is not displayed (not the best solution but it worked for me!!)

line 1309

@$cont.= fread($fp,1024);

line 1389

$this->addJpegFromFile($image,$this->ez['leftMargin'] + $pad + @$offset, $this->y + $this->getFontHeight($this->ez['fontSize']) - $pad - $height,$width);

line 1393

$this->addPngFromFile($image,$this->ez['leftMargin'] + $pad + @$offset, $this->y + $this->getFontHeight($this->ez['fontSize']) - $pad - $height,$width);

Another thing you could do is lower the level of errors reported by php.

;-)

PS: I noticed that it doesnt display pngs with 32bit depth but does display the ones with 24bit depth :S :S :S :S :S

[eluser]ldg430[/eluser]
I am using cezpdf and it is working great for generating reports from database results. In fact it's great for multi-page reports (a lot faster than DOMPDF). I have one controller, reports.php and one view, reports_view.php. In the view you can pick which report to create which then calls the appropriate function in the controller. Up till now, all the reports where in LETTER and portrait.

I am creating a report that I would like to print in landscape mode. I am stumped as to how to change the paper orientation. The orientation as well as the paper size are set in the constructor of the cezpdf class.

function Cezpdf($paper='LETTER',$orientation='portrait'){
// Assuming that people don't want to specify the paper size using the absolute coordinates
// allow a couple of options:
// orientation can be 'portrait' or 'landscape'

I tried setting the orientation in the helper, pdf_helper.php using

$CI->cezpdf('LETTER','landscape');

or in my controller function

$this->cezpdf('LETTER','landscape');

In either case, I just get a blank page - no PDF. As I mentioned, I am just stumped! It's probably a simple thing that I am not seeing.

Any help is appreciated.

[eluser]Thiago Luiz[/eluser]
Hi, I'm trying to open a existent pdf file into a browser, but I had no success... Some one can help me?

[eluser]geshan[/eluser]
How can I force download of the generated pdf, I tried the output function but not able to force download. How do I do ti?

Put the pdf file into a subfolder on the same level of the CI system folder. In the controller, write a function with following contents:

$this->load->helper ( ‘download’);
$data = file_get_contents ( “subfolder / file.pdf”);
$name = ‘file.pdf’;
force_download ($name, $data);

[eluser]geshan[/eluser]
which subfolder? the output function does not seem to work? please help... where is the file.pdf saved?

you should create a folder in the same directory where is the folder system. Within this folder you should save your files pdfs.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB