Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
append dropdown menu in form

Hi I'd like some help please. I have created a form in CodeIgniter in which I want to save the name of a movie and the actors who play in. My code looks like this:
PHP Code:
<?php echo form_open().PHP_EOL?>

<div class="form-group">
        <label for="title">Title *</label>
        <?php echo form_input('title'set_value('title'html_escape($movie->title)), 'class="form-control"'); ?>
        <?php echo form_error('title'); ?>
    </div>

<h4>Cast</h4>
    <button type="button" id="add_actor" class="btn btn-primary btn-sm">Add Actor</button>
    <hr>
    <ul class="list-unstyled" id="cast"></ul>

<div class="form-group">
        <?php echo form_submit('save''Save''class="btn btn-primary"').PHP_EOL?>
    </div>

<?php echo form_close().PHP_EOL?>

<script>
 $(document).ready(function() {
 var output = '<li style="margin-bottom:5px;">\
                    <div class="row">\
                        <div class="col-md-6">\
                            <?php echo form_dropdown("actors"$actorsnull"class=\"form-control\""); ?>\
                        </div>\
                        <div class="col-md-6">\
                            <input type="text" name="character[]" class="form-control"\ placeholder="Character" />\
                        </div>\
                    </div>\
                </li>';

$('#add_actor').click(function() {
 $('#cast').append(output);
 });
 });
</script> 

So what I'm trying to do basicly is when I click the "Add Actor" button the jquery will append a row in my form where it should have a dropdown menu for choosing the actor, and next to this dropdown an input field for typing the actor's character in the movie. When I click the "Add Actor" button again I will to the same process again to enter the next actor in the movie, etc etc.

However the code in the script tag doesn't work as I expected, In fact jquery complains for syntax error. I 'm checking my code and try some changes but no effect. Firebug shows: "SyntaxError: unterminated string literal"

How can I make this work properly?

Check to see if you have movie title or actor name containing single or double quote. That may be why you get "unterminated string literal" error.
CodeIgniter 4 tutorials (EN/FR) - https://includebeer.com
/*** NO support in private message - Use the forum! ***/

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB