Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
NuSOAP based Web Services stop working after Server Upgrade

[eluser]Nathan Pitman (Nine Four)[/eluser]
We just recently ran an upgrade on our server from PHP 5.2.5 to 5.2.6 and also installed the native PHP SOAP service for use with another project.

A site which we are running that has a web service using Code Igniter and NuSOAP has now all of a sudden stopped responding.

Any ideas???

I tried rolling back the server to 5.2.5 and uninstalling the SOAP service but there seems to be no change... :/

Help!!! :!

[eluser]johnwbaxter[/eluser]
Have you got some logs to show us? Have you turned on error reporting on your app?

It must be leaving suicide notes somewhere..

Also, give more details of the server setup, are you running mod security? Is it just the web service that has stopped or is it the whole site? What if you disable the web services bit, does the rest of the site work?

Hi audiopleb! This part of the app is actually standalone to CI since at the time there was no easy way to deploy web services from within CI because of the conflict with querystrings (we are using segments in this app).

In the end we used the active record class from CI along with the NuSOAP library. I 'think' that during the upgrade something may have been switched in PHP.ini which is preventing PHP from receiving the data that we are posting from Flash (using web services) since if I query web services directly in the PHP file all works well.

I also read that there are actually namespace conflicts between NuSOAP and the PHP SOAP exntension, I found a revised version of NuSOAP which uses it's own unique class names (http://code.google.com/p/nusoap-for-php5/).

Next step is to see what I can gleam from the error logs...

If you need a hand just let me know, good luck with the logs.

ok, I've not had a chance to look into the logs yet but I keep stumbling across forum entries elsewhere about 'always_populate_raw_post_data' and 'HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA'. It sounds like this should be 'enabled' or 'on' in php.ini for NuSOAP to work correctly, at present on my server it's off, maybe it got turned off during the upgrade... :/

ok, well that's weird, WHM on my server is telling me that 'always_populate_raw_post_data' is On whereas a phpinfo() call on the site tells me the opposite... :/

WHM probably uses it's own php.ini, i know plesk does. Why not shove a local php.ini in your sites root with ‘always_populate_raw_post_data’ on and see what happens.

Sounds like you're onto the right path though, i know xml-rpc needs it.

How would I have that included at run time? I assume I might have to add something to the .htaccess file? Smile

It should not need anything special doing to allow that.

http://www.washington.edu/computing/web/...tml#create

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB