Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
10-50k users online

[eluser]Gewa[/eluser]
Hi,
I have an offer to build a site, which should handle 10-50k users online at one time.

I want to ask you to suggest me some answers to my questions

1) Which server we will need to handle such users with CI
2) Which authentication library will be better?
3) Should we concentrate on load balancers, and is CI good for this method?

[eluser]Jamie Rumbelow[/eluser]
1) Lighttpd
2) Build your own!
3) I use memcache for any high profile sites, google it.

[eluser]gullah[/eluser]
php xcache is good for getting those requests per second up. Works with almost any web server.

[eluser]Gewa[/eluser]
which is better???

[eluser]Popcorn[/eluser]
1 : NGinx (Engine X).
2 : Redux Auth
3 : NGinx has a module that distributes load properly, you can find the module here : Upstream Request Hash Module

If you want, you can also have Nginx act as reverse proxy server and have it forward all the PHP requests to apache. That way you have extremely fast static file serving with Nginx while still having Apache deal with PHP.

[eluser]Gewa[/eluser]
on Average dedicated server how many user online can bear CodeIgniter? What you think?

ACTUALLY what i need to write my script in USUAL CI without any memcache.
Put it on dedicated server (average config) .. and be sure it will bear at least 500-1000 users online for the first time

[eluser]Gewa[/eluser]
For example I want to rent a dedicated server with 2GB ram, 2x500GB place and CoreDuo 2x2.33GHZ.. How many users can I serve online ??? What you think?

[eluser]sikkle[/eluser]
Hi there, hope my comment will not seem rude.

But if the question is if a server can handle a static page. Don't focus too much on what you gonna use, it's pretty easy to do.

If you ask if superman can handle that much of query, with the information i have now, it's not possible. First he didnt handle very well the loadbalancing, two, he is not build to serve webpage Smile

no no, i mean, maybe i'm tired a bit today, but man, you need to talk a bit more, heavy database querying? lot of image processing? need to split connection from many country differently? different zone? Will be build as an API use by other dev? so i think what you need now, is to talk with user who did worked with this kind of website. Also with who you can have official confidential discussion and go through this step by step. Server is one issue, structure is another issue, tech choice will also be an issue indeed.

Good luck !

[eluser]Gewa[/eluser]
Hi sikkle!

It is gonna be a social network like classmates.com we await huge amount users online. I home that for the first time we will be able handle 500-1000 users online untill we will make a new engine with load balancing...
There will be usual stuff like upload pictures, view it, rate it... It will be one or two main countries involved ...

I am not so experienced in such heavy website building, maybe will hire after a man who will optimise it... dont know Sad

[eluser]sikkle[/eluser]
Hey gewa,

yep, at some point even if you directly make less money with this contract, you better to learn to do things well to get this up and workin, than be blamed because you created a mess.

I think a little bit of coaching there is what you need, i agree with that solution.

good luck!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB