Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI User Guide in a Firefox Extension

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hey, I found myself using the user guide heaps, so I added a menu to firefox that can jump you to any section within the manual. It's a bit large (500kb) because it actually contains all the user_guide files.

Hope someone finds it useful!

http://www.kintek.com.au/codeigniter-fir...nsion.html

[eluser]NZmuzzer[/eluser]
Fantastic. Pretty weighty but very useful.
Perhaps you could shave some size off it (or make a seperate version) by including only class and helper pages...?
Anyway, well done and thanks!

[eluser]Sally D[/eluser]
that's the coolest thing since sliced bread thanks

It's so stimulating that hot flame right there in my tool bar neat!

[eluser]dpgtfc[/eluser]
Very cool!

[eluser]Mossab Alzeeny[/eluser]
what a brilliant idea !!

thank you very much Smile

[eluser]usmc[/eluser]
[quote author="clam" date="1228306114"]Hey, I found myself using the user guide heaps, so I added a menu to firefox that can jump you to any section within the manual. It's a bit large (500kb) because it actually contains all the user_guide files.

Hope someone finds it useful!

http://www.kintek.com.au/codeigniter-fir...nsion.html[/quote]

If you haven't done so please submit this to addons.mozilla. That way there will be a central repository for this along with updates etc. I am sure your site would benefit from the added traffic.

Good Job!

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
I don't see why it would be better than the offline user guide you download with a copy of the framework an bookmark the index page or as many sections you need?

How is the add-on going to deal with updated versions of the user guide?

In case of the jQuery add-on it is nice because the download doesn't contains a user guide.

[eluser]dpgtfc[/eluser]
[quote author="xwero" date="1228489104"]I don't see why it would be better than the offline user guide you download with a copy of the framework an bookmark the index page or as many sections you need?

How is the add-on going to deal with updated versions of the user guide?

In case of the jQuery add-on it is nice because the download doesn't contains a user guide.[/quote]

It is the online user guide. It just links you there. It seems basically just like bookmarks. However I don't know about you but I have way too many bookmarks already. An addon works good for me.

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
I'm not suggesting it's a bad contribution but i have questions about how the user guide will be updated, if wanted.

[eluser]dpgtfc[/eluser]
[quote author="xwero" date="1228503424"]I'm not suggesting it's a bad contribution but i have questions about how the user guide will be updated, if wanted.[/quote]

edit: Nevermind, I see what you mean. I would imagine the owner of the add on would release updates, just like every other addon out there.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB