Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CLI - CodeIgniter on the Command Line

[eluser]phpserver[/eluser]
I have finally come around pyro,i will try it in my project.Thanks.

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
Added method chaining and a silly beep() function. If only I could work out a decent CLS solution, nobody on the internet has one it seems...

[eluser]BeingDefined[/eluser]
Actually I was looking for something like this b4 I learned python for my scripting in linux. This is useful if u want to make a quick script to run cron or something instead of learning a new lang. I want to see this developed further please!

[eluser]nhm tanveer hossain khan (hasan)[/eluser]
[quote author="pyromaniac" date="1229549646"]Added method chaining and a silly beep() function. If only I could work out a decent CLS solution, nobody on the internet has one it seems...[/quote]
nice work!!, perhaps we could use it with cron job.
previously we used to write the following code for running any php process in background -
Code:
<?php
  $_GET['/url/from/your/routing/table'] = "";
  require 'index.php';
?>

php your-script.php
still this is working fine for us, i guess now we should give your CLI a try.

best wishes Smile

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I think I'll try this out. I like PHP on the command line and I love CI so I imagine this could be hugely useful.

Thanks for the effort!

How did you guys get on with this? Any tips or suggestions for the library?

I found a slightly better method than my URI extension here which will make getting CLI going on the command line easier.

[eluser]taewoo[/eluser]
holy shit. this is awesome.
thanks Phil. this is DOPE.

PS: If anyone's wondering why you wanna use this, think of cron jobs..

[eluser]ZeroLag[/eluser]
Thanks for this! This made my app much easier as I have a cron that grabs nightly updated data from another site. This way I can use the libraries and helpers that I created for the front end.

CLI library is now hosted on GitHub, but right now not actively developed.

Other than sorting out a clear-screen option I can't see anywhere interesting to take it.

[eluser]sidog[/eluser]
I don't understand how the library file "MY_URI" is used.

The wiki says, put it in the app/library folder, then add some lines to your config, then call your CLI script. Where do the functions in the MY_URI come in? Can you post some more usage examples.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB