Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI - New Release

[eluser]jaswinder_rana[/eluser]
Hi:

I am not sure if there is already a news section. If there is then please point me there.

- Are there any plans for new CI version?
- What might be included in new version?
- I liked that asset helper in WiKi. There are many others. Are there plans to include some of those?

Reason I am asking is, if there will be significant change/addition and release date for new version is close then I can wait to do any project and start with new version.

Any thoughts?

EDIT:
- Are there projects which are already included in CI?
- If yes, is there a way to know which ones are already included (or are made better than the ones posted)? That way I won't duplicate my work.

Thanks

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
1. There are always plans for a new version. Although one hasn't been specifically mentioned, many of us guess a new CI will be released after EE2 is released.

2. Bug fixes, jQuery library, CSRF protection - a lot of things "might" be coming down in the next version.

3. Probably not, helpers of this nature are usually provided by the community as they tend to require a particular directory structure - not generic enough for the framework.

4. No projects are included with CI - it's just a framework. But, there are a lot of open source apps out there you can look at, BambooInvoice for example.

Finally, I wouldn't wait to develop your application. CI doesn't go through insane releases that change a ton of things and destroy your application - most of the time, changes are backwards compatible to previous versions.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB