Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
I need help installing CI on WAMP Server 2.0

[eluser]savr[/eluser]
Hello everyone, Merry Christmas. I am on a Windows Vista computer and needing to install CI. I changed the $config['base_url'] to my projects URL and I went to see if it worked and it didn't. I'm sure I have all the files put in the right place so it can't be that. What are the steps to troubleshooting this problem? I would really like to get this working so I can use Codeigniter! Also are there any known problems that I should be aware of? Thanks alot guys and happy holidays!

[eluser]PowerCode[/eluser]
I'm on a similar configuration (Vista Home, CI with WAMP 2.0). Its working all fine. You'll need to give some details like your directory structure (just the root ones) and all the configurations that you manually changed.

[eluser]Sarre[/eluser]
Merry Christmas,

What's your base_url? (should be something like 'http://localhost/yourdirectory/')
CI doesn't need installing, it's just a couple of php scripts to make your life easier. So if php runs fine (have you tested other php pages?) and your basedir is correct, it should work right away...

[eluser]savr[/eluser]
Ah its working. I was thinking because I was using WAMP instead of LAMP, which I am accustomed to, it was a different procedure to get CI working. I guess not! Everything is working. Thanks for taking the time to read and try to help guys. Hope you guys have a great holiday and drive safe!

[eluser]obiron2[/eluser]
I use WAMP and I love it.

REMEMBER:

If you will be deploying on a Linux server, file names will be case-sensitive whereas WAMP is not that fussy. Can't tell you how many times I have been caught out with this...

Obiron

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB