Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Using Dreamhost SMTP to send email

[eluser]Xeoncross[/eluser]
I am trying to setup email on my localhost so that during development I can test things like password recovery without putting the code live online.

One of my hosts is Dreamhost and I am trying to figure out how to login to there "mail.yourdomain.com" SMTP system to send email.

Here is what my config looks like:
Code:
$config['useragent']    = null;
$config['protocol']     = 'smtp';
$config['mailpath']    = null;
$config['smtp_host']     = 'mail.site.com';
$config['smtp_user']     = '[email protected]';
$config['smtp_pass']     = 'pass';
$config['smtp_port']     = '25'; //also 587

This keeps throwing the error

Code:
Message: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to mail.site.com:25 (A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. )

Filename: libraries/Email.php
Line Number: 1564

So at this point I decided to try to SSH into the server and use port forwarding to get to the SMTP server from inside my host. After all, this method works fine for phpMyadmin on my localhost.

So I setup port localhost:5525 to forward to mail.site.com:25 over my SSH connection into the server (which is working). But this fails too. So does anyone know what I can do?

[eluser]The Wizard[/eluser]
Hello Xeon, why not fill a support ticket and ask, what the params are, or if they are wrong?

i would be interessted too Smile

[eluser]Xeoncross[/eluser]
I did (still waiting) but like we all know - the guys here at CI are better than any paid tech support.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB