Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
The upload path does not appear to be valid.

[eluser]stuffradio[/eluser]
It's weird, I got it to work on my local machine using Wamp, but now a different host on a remote machine won't work.

This is the path I tried and I tried things like http://path/to/upload and /home/public_html/digiscore/system/application/views/admin/uploads/. The upload directory is 777 and it won't work.

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
Firstly, I'm not sure why you'd want to upload to your views directory, however, the only thing I can think of that might be stopping you, is your .htaccess file. Did you copy this across and are you sure it's configured correctly? Also, you should ensure that your configuration files have been reconfigured to work with the new site.

[eluser]siubie[/eluser]
if you are using windows better check the folder permission .. usually the folder is read only ..
[this "The upload path does not appear to be valid." make me wake all night]
anyway it was just because read only arrahh @_@

[eluser]Asinox[/eluser]
hi, don't try to upload file or save any file like images, css, js in folder app, just try to create a public folder and save ur file's there.

my way:

public/
css/
js/
jquery/
images/
uploads/

systems/ -> codeIgniter files and folders

[eluser]tison[/eluser]
All, i was having this issue on a local windows installation. After some debugging, i found that although i was passing the config variables when loading the library, they were not being read properly.

In any case - to fix it, I simply called the initialization script right before i loaded the library, like so:

Code:
$config['upload_path'] = 'uploads';
$config['allowed_types'] = 'gif|jpg|png';
$config['max_size'] = '2048';
$config['max_width'] = '1024';
$config['max_height'] = '768';

$this->load->library('upload', $config);
$this->upload->initialize($config);

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB