Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
The Auth Library 1.0.3 - The Easiest Auth Library for CodeIgniter

[eluser]playaz[/eluser]
Hmm, I am not entirely sure really but my main reason for liking this library over the others is the relatively simplicity - I can look at the code and easily understand what is going on much better compared to some of the more 'bloated' libraries but thats just my humble opinion Smile

Although if I had to choose I would think a very simple admin backend would be the best way, as I am guessing most would like to integrate this kinda thing first when building back-end systems but again I am not the expert :-)

[eluser]Adam Griffiths[/eluser]
[quote author="playaz" date="1239399246"]Hmm, I am not entirely sure really but my main reason for liking this library over the others is the relatively simplicity - I can look at the code and easily understand what is going on much better compared to some of the more 'bloated' libraries but thats just my humble opinion Smile

Although if I had to choose I would think a very simple admin backend would be the best way, as I am guessing most would like to integrate this kinda thing first when building back-end systems but again I am not the expert :-)[/quote]

Actually, I think it would be better if I did both. Have a set of functions that load the view+process it, and have a "pretty" backend that uses these functions.

It might sound a bit weird for now, but when it gets implemented, I will explain it well in the user guide.

Thanks.

[eluser]playaz[/eluser]
Cool! well either way I can't wait to see the new and improved ACL when it is released, hopefully once my CI knowledge improves i'll start to do a bit more 'hardcore' development using the framework too - I am looking to test out Git also, been using SVN in the workplace for awhile but am liking the look of git.

Keep up the good work.. and don't forget it is Easter, have a break, have a easter-egg! (I don't think Nestle will sue me for partial copying their slogan lol!)

[quote author="playaz" date="1239400096"]Cool! well either way I can't wait to see the new and improved ACL when it is released, hopefully once my CI knowledge improves i'll start to do a bit more 'hardcore' development using the framework too - I am looking to test out Git also, been using SVN in the workplace for awhile but am liking the look of git.

Keep up the good work.. and don't forget it is Easter, have a break, have a easter-egg! (I don't think Nestle will sue me for partial copying their slogan lol!)[/quote]

I'm going to be doing screencasts for both the new Authentication Library and an intro to Git, they'll be put on my blog soon.

I am actually away for the Easter period, so I'm sat in my chalet looking over the beach and the sea, watching boats and stuff go by.It's relaxing and productive! Not much else I can do here anyway, I've done everything else!!

So I really am having a break, sitting back doing what I enjoy. But anyway I'll have a break tomorrow when I go swimming for half the day!

Thanks.

[eluser]playaz[/eluser]
[quote author="Adam Griffiths" date="1239400475"]
I am actually away for the Easter period, so I'm sat in my chalet looking over the beach and the sea, watching boats and stuff go by.It's relaxing and productive! Not much else I can do here anyway, I've done everything else!!
[/quote]
Oh man.. the beach and the sea watching boats.. beats my current view of roads, cars and pollution! (I live right by the motorway DOH!)

Anyway I'm off for some fresh air good luck with the next version of the Auth Library!

[eluser]lkoreality[/eluser]
The restrict() function does not work for me. I receive

Code:
You do not have sufficient privileges to access this page.

every time. No matter what the group_id is set to.

In my database, I changed group_id to 1, tried logging in (which i could successfully), but when i attempted to visit admin_area I get the error above. I also tried visiting user_area - same thing. I then changed it to 100 and tried visiting user_area with no results.

Ideas?

Luke

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Seems to be v.e.r.y. s.l.o.w. to load even the enclosed admin page.

Have spent the better half of 2 hours installing it and trying to get it to work without having other bits and pieces break on me.

example: elapsed time - gone.

Anyway, enough of the negative vibes Big Grin I do like this and will persevere. Any suggestions on getting my elapsed time back or speeding the load times up a bit? I have read through the entire forum post and found a fix with ........ inserted and that caused an error so I deleted the ......... (yes they are dots, not a hidden word) and was met with...

Page rendered in {elapsed_time} seconds ie, not a fix.

[quote author="jintsubo" date="1239600475"]Seems to be v.e.r.y. s.l.o.w. to load even the enclosed admin page.

Have spent the better half of 2 hours installing it and trying to get it to work without having other bits and pieces break on me.

example: elapsed time - gone.

Anyway, enough of the negative vibes Big Grin I do like this and will persevere. Any suggestions on getting my elapsed time back or speeding the load times up a bit? I have read through the entire forum post and found a fix with ........ inserted and that caused an error so I deleted the ......... (yes they are dots, not a hidden word) and was met with...

Page rendered in {elapsed_time} seconds ie, not a fix.[/quote]

Speed hasn't been an issue so far, but I'll be sure to benchmark the net version and ensureit is as fast as possible.

As for {elapsed_time} - well I really haven't a clue why this doesn't work anymore. I'll have to dig into the Controller class to see how it's done in there, and porbably have to replicate it in the Application class.

Thanks.

The Authentication Library 1.0.4 has been released. This release fixes the permissions error. I found that the permissions when restricting to just one user group was fine, but when restricting to a group + higher groups, it was flawed.

The Authentication Library 1.0.4.

Thanks.

[eluser]playaz[/eluser]
[quote author="Adam Griffiths" date="1239680541"]The Authentication Library 1.0.4 has been released. This release fixes the permissions error. I found that the permissions when restricting to just one user group was fine, but when restricting to a group + higher groups, it was flawed.

The Authentication Library 1.0.4.

Thanks.[/quote]
wow that was quick will try this now!! :-)

Thanks

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB