Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Codeigniter-encoders.co.in : Drawbacks of Codeigniter ?

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hello to all ,

We,Encoders, are a Software development Company in India .We have started working in this Framework after a few months release of it .We have successfully cleared out some of our Big CMS projects and all of our works in this Framework has been successfully completed or are in the process of completion till date and we are happy with that :-)
But, in course of our works we have found some problems or drawbacks you may say (though we are not sure if it is a major one or not ) which are as follows :

1> We can't use directory word to define controller:If we use Directory in class name then PHP error occurs.

2> We cant use parameter passing-when we are trying to pass a value through the URL then we can't access the variable .
However we have found a solution to recover Parameter passing .We use Trackback Method to access the variable but in that case we have to use more codings .Can anyone let us know how to pass the parameter without TrackBack Method.

Thatz for now .We have faced another problem also which we will be posting soon.

Thanks to all fall your time .
Will be waiting for lots of suggestions or opinions.
P.S- You can also contact us directly to our site encoders.co.in

[eluser]The Wizard[/eluser]
im not certain but i think both can be changed from the config file.
you should check that. sometimes php wont allow file names or function
names like 'list' 'open' and stuff like that.

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "pass the parameter without TrackBack Method". Please could you show use some code?

[eluser]brianw1975[/eluser]
[quote author="encoders" date="1236346203"]Hello to all ,

We,Encoders, are a Software development Company in India .We have started working in this Framework after a few months release of it .We have successfully cleared out some of our Big CMS projects and all of our works in this Framework has been successfully completed or are in the process of completion till date and we are happy with that :-)
But, in course of our works we have found some problems or drawbacks you may say (though we are not sure if it is a major one or not ) which are as follows :

1> We can't use directory word to define controller:If we use Directory in class name then PHP error occurs.

2> We cant use parameter passing-when we are trying to pass a value through the URL then we can't access the variable .
However we have found a solution to recover Parameter passing .We use Trackback Method to access the variable but in that case we have to use more codings .Can anyone let us know how to pass the parameter without TrackBack Method.

Thatz for now .We have faced another problem also which we will be posting soon.

Thanks to all fall your time .
Will be waiting for lots of suggestions or opinions.
P.S- You can also contact us directly to our site encoders.co.in[/quote]

If i read this right i have to ask...did you check the user guide for any of these "problems"? Seriously... can't pass a value to a function?

1) All languages have their own list of reserved words (just like you can't do
Code:
select select,where,like from some_db_table where id like 2
without using backticks on the field names -- keep that in mind. And please don't tell me you were trying to do
Code:
class user/bio extends Controller

look into custom routing

read about "segments" in the URI Class

2) Again, if i read this correctly, you need to look into the URI Class for this as well; possibly the Input Class

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB