Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
InkType 1.0

[eluser]Developer13[/eluser]
As some of you already know, InkType has been entirely rewritten ground-up and 1.0 is almost here!

The major new feature that 1.0 will introduce is the "Site Manager" feature which allows you to manage multiple sites from one installation of InkType.

The other new feature is how the front-end works in relation to the templates -- you will no longer have to have specific views and InkType 1.0 now only calls one controller from the front-end -- the inktype_router. This is a very small file which simply loads a view based on the URI structure (so you have index.php/Site-Name/name-of-view instead of index.php/controller/method). The flexibility this provides will be better illustrated through video tutorials and documentation, but it really puts the control in your hands as far as how you want to use InkType. If you've used ExpressionEngine before, then the templating system is somewhat similar to EE (except the template files are physical and not stored in the database).

While the database schema is similar to the last 0.4.x release, I'm not entirely sure that I'll be including an upgrade script. If I have enough feedback from you guys to point me in that direction then I will. All files are to be replaced and templates that work for 0.4.x and below do not work for the new templating system.

For Ajax developers (and because the new admin backend uses it in a minor way), JQuery is also packaged by default.

Other than the above information, there have been a vast number of improvements and overall the code is much more structured and less cluttered.

I'd really like to hear feedback from all of you - feedback is what drives the development process, so please let me hear it if you have something to say! My goal is to have a prerelease version available either for download or as a demo by Monday.

Thanks!
D13

[eluser]jdfwarrior[/eluser]
About to upload and try it out now.

[eluser]jdfwarrior[/eluser]
Ok. I've edited this several times and everything that I had posted all goes back to not having the install instructions being bundled with the package. That would be my suggestion. Or, making the site to where, at first run (detected by a setting and no db connection found or somethin similar), to display set instructions there.

Another alternative would be to, when the user clicks the download link from the site, redirecting to the install instructions.

Other than that, so far it looks good. Great job.

jdf - I think you're talking about the current version of InkType, right? The 1.0 version is not available to the public yet...

[eluser]Thorpe Obazee[/eluser]
D13, all those features sure sounds great. I'll wait for the prerelease or demo on Monday.

This version of InkType currently uses. 1.7.1?

@Chamyto - Yes, InkType 1.0 is built on CI 1.7.1. PM me your email address and I'll add you to the "internal mailing list" if you'd like for the prerelease info!

[eluser]Thorpe Obazee[/eluser]
PM'd yah just now. Wink

[eluser]jasont[/eluser]
whats the ETA on launch?

can't wait to try it out

=)

@jasont: Nice to see another Fear and Loathing fan here! I'm putting together an installer right now, and have a few other items to wrap up and it'll be ready. I was hoping to have it ready on Monday but that obviously didn't happen, so it looks like it will be another day or two.

[eluser]whidbey[/eluser]
goodnews ,when will it publish

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB