Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Form Generation Library

[eluser]Robert May[/eluser]
Very much looking forward to this. Form validation is a huge time sink, it'd be lovely to have it in one system.

[eluser]got 2 doodle[/eluser]
The natives are getting restless :exclaim:

doodle ;-)

[eluser]sophistry[/eluser]
[quote author="macigniter" date="1236379436"]Hopefully I'll be releasing my baby this weekend. Stay tuned![/quote]

that's one long weekend. ;-)

seriously though, one code in the hand is worth two in the bush, er, vapor.

[eluser]naren_nag[/eluser]
Share the code ... I'm sure we can pitch in to make it work Smile

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
Iverson is looking at the best method for this. Instead of replacing large view files with HTML + form functions with large lists of methods in controllers, why dont we start passing our validation arrays to a library to automatically create the form.

We can even then get CI adding classes to the form elements based on validation rules so we can write our jQuery to validate on the fly (or not whatever).

Think about it, automatically adding class="trim required numeric" to the form elements, would only need to write a few lines of jQuery to have all rules supported.

If somebody doesn't write it soon I will have to Tongue

[eluser]codex[/eluser]
[quote author="Phil Sturgeon" date="1239197703"]If somebody doesn't write it soon I will have to Tongue[/quote]

Please do ;-)

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
I started doing a Drupal Form API type implementation in CI. Then I quit and just started using Drupal more Smile

[eluser]macigniter[/eluser]
Sorry everybody, that it takes so long. But I am still working on completing the user guide and testing/completing the script. It is working though and I would like to share it with some of you who are interested in an early beta release (PM me!). I am a little scared that some of you will tear me apart if they look at the source code and find horrible programming techniques Wink hopefully we can all make this library better and i will learn from all of you.

[eluser]got 2 doodle[/eluser]
I'm in,

I don't think it's possible that your code is scarier than mine!

doodle

[eluser]Jan_1[/eluser]
Don't stress yourself out. Programming outside the office shout be fun.
naren_nag isn't wrong. Think about it.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB