Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Remove index.php problem

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi everybody,

I followed the document of CodeIgniter in order to remove index.php for my user-friendly url. I have created and uploaded .htaccess file with the following content.

Code:
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond $1 !^(index\.php|public|robots\.txt)
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php/$1 [L]
</IfModule>

to the server. http://idiom.dictionary2gether.com. I use ixwebhosting.com.

I realized that whenever I put this "RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php/$1 [L]" in .htaccess, I got the error below.

Code:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

However, it works in my local machine.

I tried to google and searched some topics in forum, but couldn't find the solution yet. Hope someone can help with this.

Thanks,
And sorry if I posted in the wrong place/category.

Makara

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
You likely don't need the / in front of index.php

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi, i am having same problem here. The method doesn't working on my local machine either. please help!

[eluser]loosetops[/eluser]
If it is on your local machine, you may be missing a sub-directory. That is if the CI install is in a subdirectory.

Code:
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /sub_dir/index.php/$1 [L]

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB