Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Working on school database on webpage

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi!
I am a student who is working on my schools webpage. We are creating another site based off the old one. My problem is transferring our faculty database to our new webpage. How can I do this the best and fastest way? Here is the URL to the existing database that I need to transfer to the new site.
http://sandersonhs.wcpss.net/faculty.php
Thanks in advance!
-Sam

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
Hi, Sam! Welcome to the CodeIgniter forums.

Firstly, I don't fully understand the question, and secondly, it would help if we knew how your database was stored. Please could you elaborate a little more on that you need to do and let us know how your data is stored?

Thanks.

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
Hi Sam,

Can you also clarify what you mean by this bit:
Quote:We are creating another site based off the old one. My problem is transferring our faculty database to our new webpage.

Do you mean you want to create another site *with* the old one, or to replace this? Will you have access to the database that drives the current site, or do you need to create your own new database from scratch?

How well do you get on with the person/people who look after the existing system?

[eluser]jdfwarrior[/eluser]
Any hot teachers we should be looking for? Smile Teach the web dev teacher about transparency for images as well Smile

Amazes me that some of your teachers have their own domains and such. That's crazy. I knew more about computers than my computer teacher when I was in high school haha.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB