Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI, Xampp, and mod_rewrite

[eluser]stretchnate[/eluser]
assuming by "last line" you mean the rewrite rule, I just commented it out and everything worked but obviously the url is not getting changed.

I've also tried changing my .htaccess to the one provided in the above mentioned wiki article and i don't get the error but I also am not getting any changes.

and yes I've restarted apache several times, even rebooted my system.

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
Assuming you've left out the RewriteBase, try this as your rewrite rule:
Code:
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php/$1 [L]

Also, you might want to consider setting the uri_protocol in the config.php to QUERY_STRING or REQUEST_URI I forget which one works best...

still getting the error.

also I have some changes. I've set up a virtual host for this directory so the base URL no longer includes a sub directory, I've removed all references to said sub directory from the .htaccess file as well as from the $config['base_url'] setting in config.php. I also tried setting the uri_protocol to QUERY_STRING and again to REQUEST_URI as suggested, neither of which seemed to make a difference. It is currently at REQUEST_URI.

I'm still getting the 500 internal server error.

I also tried the suggested rewrite rule.

OK my current .htacces is thus
Code:
#Options +FollowSymLinks
    RewriteEngine On

#RewriteBase /

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?/$1 [L]

I've commented out "#Options +FollowSymLinks" because it's enabled in the httpd.conf file. This does not throw and error but the URL is not getting changed and when I click a link I get a 404 Page.

which .htaccess set up is going to be best to go forward from?

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
Are you sure that mod_rewrite is loaded?

Yup, I just double checked it.

I'll be the first to admit my understanding of mod_rewrite is quite limited. I was under the understanding that mod_rewrite would strip the index.php from the url but apparently that is backward so anyhow thanks for the help and I hope nobody but me lost sleep over this one Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB