Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
eg w/ ajax library?

[eluser]unsub[/eluser]
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone knows where I can find a more in-depth example of the codeigniter Ajax library (user sumitted to Wiki) in use? I am a newb in many ways, and am finding the one-line example in the Wiki...er... baffling to say the least Smile

Cheers for any advice

[eluser]Italo Domingues[/eluser]
Read about jquery (http://jquery.com), is a great frameworks, and with CodeIgniter, you'll see the result of this perfect combination. (In my opnion).

[eluser]unsub[/eluser]
Yeah, I like JQuery. I'm using it a bit in my new site.
But what I am looking for is some examples of the CodeIgniter Ajax library. There is a one-line example given in the Wiki entry which would no doubt be enough for an intermediate or advanced user, but for me it is just a bit too little. So if anyone knows where I might be able to see some more info on the CI Ajax Library (user submitted to Wiki, as I mentioned) I would be so very grateful.

cheers

[eluser]jalalski[/eluser]
I couldn't find the Codeigniter Ajax library... what exactly are you having difficulty with?
I would suggest just using jQuery as you would on any site, as Italo mentioned.

[eluser]unsub[/eluser]
Hello,

http://codeigniter.com/wiki/AJAX_for_CodeIgniter/

I'm slowly working it out. There is a help file inside the .zip of version 2, and it is a little bit more in depth.

I do use JQuery. But I have been trying to learn how to integrate Ajax into the existing MVC structure of CodeIgniter. Told you I'm a bit of a newb Smile I figured the Ajax library could help me, and it seems to be leading me in the right direction.

I guess my difficulty is in figuring out how to call controllers with Ajax. So far I have been putting the php for my Ajax stuff in assets/tools/php, which clearly sucks but hey, ya gotta start somewhere! Smile

Thanks for the replies, guys, I do appreciate it. I should have given a link in my first post. sorry

Cheers
gabriel

[eluser]unsub[/eluser]
aha!
one of those moments Smile
Thanks again for the replies. Having finally managed to wrap the little brain around integrating Ajax properly into the MVC design pattern, and using the Ajax library (mentioned above) I think I understand why you guys were saying "just use JQuery"...
There are some nice features in the Ajax library, to be sure, but further experimentation seems to indicate that using JQuery pretty much makes it unnecessary.
However, it did help me with my overall issue which was figuring out Ajax + MVC, so it definitely wasn't a loss. Smile
chrz

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB