help with scaffolding on the tutorial

[eluser]adrian westlake[/eluser]
Hi,

I am new to CI, and just ran through the third tutorial (the AJAX function search) and downloaded the code. I thought I\'d try the scaffolding functionality, so amended the routes.php file, and the application.php file. When the page loads up, there is a warning message at the top.

Code:
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Warning

Message: preg_match() expects parameter 2 to be string, array given

Filename: helpers/url_helper.php

Line Number: 93

Anyone know the problem here?

In the routes.php file i added the line:

Code:
$route[\'scaffolding_trigger\'] = \"g6sHjjUUSF7shbH\";

In the constructor of the application.php file I put:

Code:
$this->load->scaffolding(\'functions\');

and to access the scaffolding I typed the url localhost/ci_sample/application/g6sHjjUUSF7shbH

I commented out the other code in the constuctor just in case that was interfering, but no luck...

Any help most gratefully received,

Adrian

[eluser]optimal[/eluser]
Adrian,

I checked out the error and found the code in the tutorial is out of synch with the current scaffolding implementation.

The problem\'s in the version of url_helper included with the tutorial. The scaffolding views are calling its \"anchor\" function with an array as the first parameter, but the older version expected a string. The current implementation checks \"is_array\" for the $uri argument and can thus support an array argument (view anchor() in a current version of url_helper.php to confirm this).

So you could possibly drop a newer version of url_helper into the helpers folder for the tutorial app to fix the problem, but I didn\'t try this to verify no further errors crop up.

Good luck.

BTW I\'m very impressed with this framework after evaluating so, so many others!

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  

Theme © 2014 iAndrew