Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
anyone tried the tarzan framework for all amazon webservices

[eluser]gunter[/eluser]
hi,
there are some posts in the forum about the amazon webservices, S3 EC2...
I just want tell that I found yesterday this wonderful thing that can handle all webservices...
http://tarzan-aws.com/features/
and I want know if anyone already has tried it?!

greetings,
Gunter

[eluser]Tom Glover[/eluser]
This looks' good and exactly what I need, I will have to integrate it into CI, and make it play nice for my application.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
Looks nice, I'd like to know how your CI wrapper turns out tom

Elliot has made a wrapper for the S3 service here

[eluser]Tom Glover[/eluser]
Yer, I know he did, I more need the EC2 functionality.

[eluser]glemigh[/eluser]
I just found out that After August 15, 2009, all requests will be denied for those using the Services_AmazonECS4, so if anyone else has already converted that wrapper to work with Tarzan, I'd sure like to get a look at it.

I have a client that uses it on some sites, and since I have to do it all over again using Tarzan, I intend to rebuild the sites with CI.

George

[eluser]slowgary[/eluser]
I've been recently looking into EC2, but it's all martian to me. I'm used to LAMP shared hosting and cPanel, but could get by with just LAMP + FTP (and then I'd probably install phpMyAdmin).

Do any of you guys know of any good resources for a noob like me to ease my way in to understanding EC2 (or whatever else I might need to run PHP/MySQL apps)? Thanks.

I'm looking at Tarzan now, but it's still out of my league (unless I'm missing something big).

[eluser]glemigh[/eluser]
Well, I just got hit with this from my client (his server uses cPanel), so I'm getting back up to speed, as it's been a while since I worked on the Amazon web service stuff.

As far as I can tell, Tarzan-aws seems to be the only game in town for an existing API to access the Amazon Services using PHP.

As I see it, read the manuals, thats how most learn it I suspect, EC2 looks like a virtual os thingie that can be managed using Tarzan, fortunately for me all I need to work on is AAWS.

Good luck on your studies.

George

[eluser]glemigh[/eluser]
Well, seems that Elliot has a wrapper for TarzanAws as well, although almost a year old, it's a good starting point, oddly I found it on google during a quest to learn more about Tarzan.

For anyone else interested, here is the url:
http://www.haughin.com/code/inferno/

Thank you Elliot.

George

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB