Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
You're favorite UI

[eluser]Rob Steele[/eluser]
i'm trying to look at all of the features of YUI, MooTools, and jQuery. It's kinda overwhelming, i'd like to do a frontend and backend and I've been reading the posts but what is your choice?

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
I like jQuery, but the other frameworks definitely guide you toward certain ways of implementing common client-side interfaces. So it depends on if you buy into (and understand!) their conventions.

I happen to like the "find stuff, do things" mentality of jQuery, and most of the community-developed and -supported plugins/addons work wonderfully.

[eluser]brianw1975[/eluser]
I think Prototype should be on this list...

Personally, I've used Prototype the most.

But I am foraying into MooTools and jQuery. Normally , I can't stand jQuery, but I figured out that I need to get over it and just learn it.

before all other choices though, I choose to not use JS unless absolutely necessary.

Personally, javascript should be used as a fancy looking cane, not a crutch, or a wheelchair.

But that's just my oldschool side talking.

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
Or your developer side talking Smile Using progressive enhancement and graceful degradation is of course massively important, but ignoring the level of experience JavaScript can provide for your users ain't such a good idea.

If you really want to go all out (and are building a desktop-like web app) I would look at Cappuccino http://www.cappuccino.org by the 280 North guys. Cappuccino uses the familiar MVC pattern, and can easily use CI as a backend.

[eluser]sapid_guy[/eluser]
I have started looking at JS frameworks, i got to say most of them are excellent,
such as JQuery with JQuery UI (Strange thing to notice overwhelming set of code but no Time Picker!)
Mootools, DOJO as well are very good.

Now i'm trying to add JQuery and JQuery UI into my application (KIOSK Application, recoding from scratch).

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
Darn it... I was going to post a link to [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YouOS"]YouOS[/url], but it's no longer being developed.

I remember using it about a year ago, and it was seriously impressive.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB