Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
user guide 1.5.3 chm format

[eluser]Michael Ekoka[/eluser]
This is the user guide v1.5.3 in chm format.

I have slightly edited it to make it more printable, but the content is the same. If you have comments, proposals or if you find some inconsistencies, let me know.

This file was built from the TOC provided by champs when he made the chm for v1.5.0. If you wish to make your own I suggest you do the same, ask him or me for the TOC and html files as it will save you a lot of time.

Also, I would suggest to do a svn checkout of the manual from the CI repository and modify the files in your working copy. That way you will not accidentally overwrite your previous work during future updates.

ci_user_guide1.5.3.chm

download and unzip.

[eluser]champs[/eluser]
Tasty. Thanks for the additions, it's hard to keep track of what gets added when.

I've got two requests, however:
* I know that Index was useless, but I liked having the Search tab back. Can that go back into the navigation pane?
* It would be supremely awesome to have a feature like the CHM version of the PHP Manual that links to an online copy of the same page.

EDIT: one more thing...

* Title of the CHM should say "Code Igniter User Guide".

... and I seem to recall that it's entirely possible to do every bit of this myself, since the HTML Help Workshop has a decompiler, as well.

[eluser]Michael Ekoka[/eluser]
Quote:Tasty. Thanks for the additions, it's hard to keep track of what gets added when.
svn will help a lot with that.

Quote:* I know that Index was useless, but I liked having the Search tab back. Can that go back into the navigation pane?
Yes, probably. Maybe we could even start some work on that index.

Quote:* It would be supremely awesome to have a feature like the CHM version of the PHP Manual that links to an online copy of the same page.
I see 3 ways to do this: have a link to the online version of the manual from the home page of the chm, have a link to the current version of the chm file or rather to this forum thread, or have a link in each page to the online version of that specific page. The first 2 are easy, the latter sounds like a job for the community, who wants in?

Quote:* Title of the CHM should say "Code Igniter User Guide".
I can't edit the file name in the wiki. Will fix in the future.

Quote: and I seem to recall that it's entirely possible to do every bit of this myself, since the HTML Help Workshop has a decompiler, as well.
A decompiler in a microsoft product, how bizarre!

[eluser]johnman[/eluser]
Thx, its really usefull Big Grin

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB