Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
The Easiest Authentication Library for CodeIgniter just got easier.

[eluser]Bj_o_rn[/eluser]
Hmm, I downloaded my version from Github today and it had that problem. Maybe it didn't commit right? If you check the Auth.php file on Github it still says
Code:
'group' => $row['group_id'],

(EDIT: Or maybe that's just me not knowing how to browse Github, I never used it before :zip: )

[eluser]Skinnpenal[/eluser]
I'm curious, does anyone have any thoughts on how secure this auth library is?

I've up till now used FreakAuth, which I'm mainly abandoning because it feels so bloated.

Unfortunatly because I've still got a lot to learn about security, I can't judge much from what I see in the code. One point though, is that I see that limiting of login attempts is cookie based only, doesn't this basically mean that it has no effect on brute force attacks?

[eluser]Adam Griffiths[/eluser]
[quote author="Bj_o_rn" date="1242510426"]Hmm, I downloaded my version from Github today and it had that problem. Maybe it didn't commit right? If you check the Auth.php file on Github it still says
Code:
'group' => $row['group_id'],

(EDIT: Or maybe that's just me not knowing how to browse Github, I never used it before :zip: )[/quote]

Ok I just took a look at the library file and I've used "group" when referring to the group, so I updated the helper.

I'd suggest all users update their library file and helper.

Thanks.

[eluser]Bj_o_rn[/eluser]
Sounds good!

I seem to have run into another problem though, when logged in as admin I go to "Manage Users" and then if I try to add a user I get sent to index.php/users/add and that returns a 404 Page Not Found.

Another minor issue too (well not really an issue but still), when you log out you get the "You have been successfully logged out!" but the menu is still showing as if you're logged in (Dashboard - Manage Users - Logout). If you click on any of them you get correctly redirected to the login though.

[quote author="Bj_o_rn" date="1242515571"]Sounds good!

I seem to have run into another problem though, when logged in as admin I go to "Manage Users" and then if I try to add a user I get sent to index.php/users/add and that returns a 404 Page Not Found.

Another minor issue too (well not really an issue but still), when you log out you get the "You have been successfully logged out!" but the menu is still showing as if you're logged in (Dashboard - Manage Users - Logout). If you click on any of them you get correctly redirected to the login though.[/quote]

Thanks for letting me know. I fixed the error in the view file views/auth/users/manage.php - you should dowload the new file or change the URL in that file.

Thanks.

[eluser]shenanigans01[/eluser]
Hey Adam,

Just another quick question, working on mapping out the website here. I noticed there is a group database table, as well as the array defined in the config. In short what's the difference? I noticed in one of your video's your adding a user permissions section so I was curious how important that database table is / what it would best be utilized for / its ... uhh.. function in comparison to the array

[quote author="mikem562" date="1242516328"]Hey Adam,

Just another quick question, working on mapping out the website here. I noticed there is a group database table, as well as the array defined in the config. In short what's the difference? I noticed in one of your video's your adding a user permissions section so I was curious how important that database table is / what it would best be utilized for / its ... uhh.. function in comparison to the array[/quote]

At the moment the groups database table isn't utilised by The Authentication Library. Yet. It's put there so developers can use it in their applications, just taking a step out of what they have to do.

But as you've seen in the screencast I'm adding a roles and permissions section for the ACL - so the groups database will be used.

Thanks.

Awesome, is there an ETA on that release? .. is it something I should consider when mapping out this website, or should I continue ahead as if I don't know its coming haha

[quote author="mikem562" date="1242518511"]Awesome, is there an ETA on that release? .. is it something I should consider when mapping out this website, or should I continue ahead as if I don't know its coming haha[/quote]

Continue ahead as if you don't know it's coming. It's very much a work in progress at the moment and still needs some tweaks and testing.

Thanks.

Just a *bump* of Skinnpenal's comment #41, think that's an excellent question = )

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB