Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
An OpenID lib for CodeIgniter

[eluser]Xeoncross[/eluser]
I have been looking over the current PHP libs out there for OpenID, and I must admit that they are a mess. Sizes range from 11kb Relying Parties - to 2,500kB full server setups. I have downloaded over 10 PHP libs so far and (with most things PHP) I believe much of the libs out there suffer from improper coding.

For example, with a 9kB lib file I can now can scrape web pages for server/delegate/local_id/etc, send cURL requests, send checkid_setup requests, and validate and normalize URI's. So I have the basic building blocks of a relying party.

But there is still more that needs to be built and I was wondering if any other devs out there are interested in working on this lib with me. It would probably involve some Skype calls or whatever but I would like to make a MIT/BSD or so lib that actually worked and was easy to integrate into frameworks like CI.

Things like DB interaction and session handling is sometimes built into the libs (if they support it) instead of being left for the developer to implement as they wish. Which makes including some of the libs into a CMS like EE or Frameworks like CI a pain. It just plain is a bloated setup.

So do I have any takers? Please only reply if you have experience with Open Source PHP projects you maintain - this isn't an offer to teach beginners OpenID. You should understand HMAC, SSL, API's, regex, and other common tools.

[eluser]garymardell[/eluser]
I'm afraid i cannot help you code it but am dying to get my hands on the library. I have also been looking for ages for a working library to integrate with codeigniter.

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
This one doesn't look to hard to port at first glance - http://openidenabled.com/php-openid/.

I think you only need the Auth directory.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB