Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Cakephp Forms

[eluser]aruna[/eluser]
Hi,
I m creating a register form in cakephp ..
On using the following code in my view

<?php echo $form->create('User', array('url' => array('action' => 'register'))); ?>
<?php echo $form->input('User.name', array('type'=>'text')); ?>
<?php echo $form->end(); ?>

Will displays errors
as

$model = "Form"</pre><pre>sprintf - [internal], line ??
FormHelper::hidden() - CORE/cake/libs/view/helpers/form.php, line 1021
FormHelper::create() - CORE/cake/libs/view/helpers/form.php, line 214
include - APP/views/forms/index.ctp, line 5
View::_render() - CORE/cake/libs/view/view.php, line 662
Even i have the Controller and for user ,i m not getting the input tag
The error is with the
sprintf - [internal],line ??

Please resolve it

[eluser]Thorpe Obazee[/eluser]
I dont think I get what you want but if this is a CakePHP question, you're in the wrong forum.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
Try here

[eluser]Jagar[/eluser]
Move to CI, you won't regret it Smile

[eluser]drewbee[/eluser]
Yes. Although fan boys we are here, CI > CakePHP Smile

BTW Jagar, WTF, nice avatar lmao... i'm literally cracking up.

[eluser]Jagar[/eluser]
[quote author="drewbee" date="1241132454"]Yes. Although fan boys we are here, CI > CakePHP Smile

BTW Jagar, WTF, nice avatar lmao... i'm literally cracking up.[/quote]

Man I couldn't find anything good on the net, wanted something funny that has to do with computers, and I see this put smile on people's faces :d

I'm glad you are lyao Smile

[eluser]oddman[/eluser]
[quote author="drewbee" date="1241132454"]Yes. Although fan boys we are here, CI > CakePHP Smile

BTW Jagar, WTF, nice avatar lmao... i'm literally cracking up.[/quote]

Although I too like CI, I think both frameworks have their uses. CakePHP is a far more powerful framework, at the cost of speed. So if development time is more important to you (which it usually is in web firms), then Cake is probably a better solution. If however you're looking for performance in your application, CI is most definitely a better alternative.

Simply saying 1 is better than the other means you're leaving out a lot that makes one framework better over the other for certain situations.

re: topic - I don't know how you came to post here for a CakePHP question =\

[eluser]GamingFusion[/eluser]
ya dude come to ci, it is a great framework, and there is 2 video tutorials available to get you started and after that we are all here to help ya, and the thing i really like about ci is that the M.V.C system is made for you and you don't have to make it yourself. I have tried CakePHP and i like ci better. But it's your call.

[eluser]oddman[/eluser]
[quote author="GamingFusion" date="1241252763"]ya dude come to ci, it is a great framework, and there is 2 video tutorials available to get you started and after that we are all here to help ya, and the thing i really like about ci is that the M.V.C system is made for you and you don't have to make it yourself. I have tried CakePHP and i like ci better. But it's your call.[/quote]

Why do you like CI better?

Quote:the M.V.C system is made for you and you don't have to make it yourself

Wouldn't that be true of -all- MVC frameworks? =\

[eluser]GamingFusion[/eluser]
sorry guys i'm thinking of the Zend Framework(the M.V.C system part)

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB