Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Hosting code

[eluser]jcavard[/eluser]
Hey there,

I would like to know if this is something that exists. In the past I worked with WinCVS on a local server at work, but now I would need to keep my code in a CVS but I don't have server for this. Is there any place on the internet that offer code hosting for free (or cheap)?

What do you guys do with your code?

I know google code exists, but this seems to be public. I want to have version control over my code, but I don't want to publish it you know. It's a website project I work on, but I don't want people to download this, as it is specific to me--and my client Wink

Can I set the project to 'private' or something on google code?

[eluser]drewbee[/eluser]
I highly recommend Unfuddle.com Free unlmited Subversion or Git Hosting.

[eluser]jcavard[/eluser]
[quote author="drewbee" date="1241483255"]I highly recommend Unfuddle.com Free unlmited Subversion or Git Hosting.[/quote]

Exactly what I needed. Thanks a bunch!

[eluser]drewbee[/eluser]
No problem. Just so you know, it has notification craze built into it, but it can all be turned off. I think it's actually pretty neat that it sends out an email anytime any file is committed, and what type of commit it was (delete, add, update).

It's a very nice PM tool, and I may actually spend some cash on one of paid for accounts.

[eluser]Thorpe Obazee[/eluser]
First time I've heard of it. Thanks for the link.

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
I have converted from Unfuddle to Assebmla /w GitHub integration. Assembla has pay-as-you-go options, free public projects and can provide Git or SVN too.

A benefit over Unfuddle is that people can have their own accounts and be invited into yours, instead of you maintaining a list of user accounts for each project.

Used Unfuddle for years before deciding to swap. It's not bad, just not the best.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB