Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Full UserGuide

[eluser]Gav[/eluser]
Hey =)

Does anyone know if there is a full one page copy / PDF of everything in the UserGuide?

E.g. http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-guide/toc.html
everything there consolidated into one long page.

Want to print out a copy of the userguide, or save it to PDF for later reading when I don't have a net connection!

:-)

Br,
Gav

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
I know someone maintained a PDF version before, but that was for the 1.6.X release
If you need it for offline viewing, there's a copy in the user_guide directory of the CI download

[eluser]n0xie[/eluser]
I got this from the forum here, but I forgot where. You can probably find it using the search option. It also contains the documentation for the Cart Library, which is why I downloaded it.

http://rapidshare.com/files/229844485/Co...1.pdf.html

[eluser]jdfwarrior[/eluser]
Not sure if its the same one n0xie posted, but I saw one on the forums a little while back that was in pdf form as well. May be the same. Search the forums for it. I thought I had a copy of it but can't seem to find it

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
I don't see the appeal of a PDF version, its much bigger in terms of size then the HTML counterpart, you can have both locally, you always have a web browser, but not always a PDF viewer, and (in most cases) you don't have hyperlinks in a PDF unless they're created properly

[quote author="Dam1an" date="1241652144"]I don't see the appeal of a PDF version, its much bigger in terms of size then the HTML counterpart, you can have both locally, you always have a web browser, but not always a PDF viewer, and (in most cases) you don't have hyperlinks in a PDF unless they're created properly[/quote]

The thread I saw where the guy was announcing the PDF version he compiled... I told him the same thing Smile I was like, yeah, um, cool... but why?

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
What is everyones interest with a non web based version of the user guide today? This is the second thread about the PDF and there's one about a printed book!?!?!?
The online version is always up to date... so why go for anything less?

[eluser]Gav[/eluser]
Valid points regarding updates...

But sometimes, it's just nice to get away from a screen and do a little background reading. ;-)

And I don't know about some peoples habits, but I don't take my laptop into the bathroom, or indeed, the bath. ;-)

Gav

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
[quote author="Gav" date="1241657530"]
And I don't know about some peoples habits, but I don't take my laptop into the bathroom, or indeed, the bath. ;-)[/quote]

I don't take my laptop into the bathroom either, I'm never in there long enough to justify it...
Also, you would use it as more of a reference then a novel, so you would read it when at the computer anyway (maybe you don't have enough screen space to have the CI user guide, website, text editor/IDE, PHP manual and some other stuff?)

So you just lay in the tub and read huh? Sounds like my wife. Are you a girl? Smile Your hardcore into CI if your wanting to take the user guide to the tub or the toilet with you to read lol.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB