Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI transfer to new host + The configuration file core.php does not exist.

[eluser]allibubba[/eluser]
first off i new there would be some problems.... but.... i've been working at this for a while now, but can't seem to make any progress. i've moved my local install of CI to a staging environment to test things out.

i've moved from a local server 2003 IIS6 machine to debian/apache box. my local install had a url that pointed to the CI root and my stage one has the CI app in sub directory.

i made some updates to my config.php and database.php files to point to the new database, and to set my base_url, which changed from something like "example.com/" to "example.com/stage/"

my installation looks something like this

example/stage
example/stage/index.php
example/stage/system
example/stage/system/application
etc...

unfortunately when i load things up i get my general error page with the message:
"The configuration file core.php does not exist."

is there a way to generate more detailed errors? anyone experience anything like this (i did see a post on missing core.php, but didn't solve my problem)? or maybe something i could do to double-check my database connection?

let me know if there is any data i could provide that might help, unfortunately the staging location is not public facing so can't share any url's... yet, i will once i get it live.

thanks for any ideas.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
In order to get more error reporting, make sure you have your error reporting set to all in index.php
Code:
error_reporting(E_ALL);

As far as I'm aware, core.php isn't a CI file, maybe you're missing part of PHP :S
Try creating a PHP page (without CI) and see if that works

[eluser]Evil Wizard[/eluser]
you could check in

/var/logs/httpd/error_log

this should be readable as a normal user and should let you know if any server issues are causing the error. Also I couldn't find a "core.php" file in the CI installation I have.

Like Dam1an says, try a normal php file something like...
Code:
<?php
echo phpinfo();
?>

thanks for taking a look, i realized after you both mentioned core was not part of default CI, that i actually have 2 core files, a library and its config file, both of which i created a long time ago and completely forgot about. darr...

so now i need to figure out why i can't load my library &/or config file.

i'll have to check out the server logs too, gotta get to work now.

thanks all

[eluser]Evil Wizard[/eluser]
If you're on a *nix based machine you could try:
Code:
>cd /path/to/your/CI/installation
>grep -Rl'config' *

which should run a recursive command line search for files containing the text "config" and print out the filename, this should help cut down the amount of time spent searching for the offending files

both Core files exist in both the local and stage install, what is confusing is why i can load the core library locally, but not once on the new server/domain.

i don't have much for the logs either, basically i have some limited web access, displaying latest 5 logs, and ftp access, no shell or anything else. the logs don't say much either, i'll have to look into this a but further this evening

to follow up, it was a matter of camel case names for my models, i went through my models and renamed everything to lower case and then updated all my controllers to only look for lower case named models.

basically, windows file names are not case sensitive, and linux file names are. hopefully this will help someone else out in the same situation.

now i just need to solve my routing problem, but i'll start a new post for that one, thanks for all the help

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB