Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
OpenInviter.com library wrapper

[eluser]denisa[/eluser]
Hello!Does anybody used OpenInviter with CodeIgniter? Which OpenInviter I need for CI? There are a lot and I really don't know which one to choose. Also, does anybody have a working library for this?
thank you,
Denisa

[eluser]Muser[/eluser]
Hi denisa, I have used the standalone version of OpenInviter successfully in Codeigniter. Put de openinviter/ folder at your webroot directory, and then, instantiate it like:

Code:
require_once(BASEPATH.'../openinviter/openinviter.php');

class Invite extends Base_Controller {

var $oi;
    var $oi_services;

function Invite() {
        parent::Base_Controller();
        $this->login_manager->check_login();
        $this->lang->load("invite");

$this->oi = new OpenInviter();
        $this->oi_services = $this->oi->getPlugins();
    }

[eluser]denisa[/eluser]
Hello! Thank you for your response. It seems that it doesn't work. I tried with the example from openinviter and it takes only some contacts...from facebook and from yahoo doesn't take any contact. Always - Login failed. Please check the email and password you have provided and try again later ! although when I installed openinviter it was ok for yahoo. Can I ask you, if is possible, to give me more details about how you used openinviter with CI?

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi Everyone!
I'm using the code from this forum and I've been getting an error when grab_contacts gets called:

A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Notice
Filename: libraries/inviter.php
Line Number: 16

Fatal error: Call to a member function item() on a non-object in /var/www/ql2-ss.jazzbanana.com/system-bjdvEDhhx6HxqHzb/application/libraries/inviter.php on line 16

Line 16 is : require_once($this->ci->config->item('absolute_url').'openinviter/openinviter.php');

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks

[eluser]nomikos3[/eluser]
NOTE: JUNY/2011

I used the class proposed by tkyy at the beginning of this thread 2 years ago. IT IS WORKING WELL AT THIS TIME!

To solve this error: :coolsmile:

Code:
Fatal error: Call to a member function isEmail() on a non-object in ...

1.- just delete openinviter/postinstall.php
2.- if not works try these changes in the openinviter/config.php

Code:
"stats"=>FALSE,
"update_files"=>FALSE,

To solve this error: :coolsmile:

Code:
Fatal error: Call to a member function item() on a non-object in ...
due to $this->ci->config->item('absolute_url')

try absolute paths like : BASEPATH, FCPATH to your file. And be careful with the name of the folder "OpenInviter" in linux. I just lost a lot of time because this I (i uppercase)

[eluser]anathematism[/eluser]
Hi,

I've a web based application in which i plan to allow contact import feature so users can invite their friends from services like gmail, facebook, hotmail, twitter etc. Can anyone tell me the basic steps to integrate openinviter in my codeigniter application i.e which openinviter package to download, where to put those openinviter files, and how to make it work with above wrapper?

Thanks,

Atif

[eluser]anathematism[/eluser]
I know the basic codeigniter working and i believe putting openinviter files in library folder would be the first step. Kindly tell in detail the other steps.

Thanks,

Atif

[eluser]php6[/eluser]
hello someone help me when I can use this library gives me the
following errors:

Severity: Warning

Message: file_put_contents(/tmp/oi_plugins.php) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

Filename: OpenInviter/openinviter.php

Line Number: 342

Message: fopen(/tmp\oi.1328628284.9325.cookie) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

Filename: plugins/_base.php

Line Number: 261

Message: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given

Filename: plugins/_base.php

Line Number: 262

Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in C:\xampp\htdocs\ejemplo\app\OpenInviter\plugins\_base.php on line 266

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I threw together a library that integrates OpenInviter based on submissions to this thread. It's very basic and still needs work but hopefully helps people get things started.

https://github.com/jenncoop/CI-Inviter

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB