Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Getting "application" folder out of "system"

[eluser]EEssam[/eluser]
Hello,

I took "application" folder out of "system". Should I make any file changes?

Please advise.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
You will need to update the application path variable in index.php to reflect the changes

[eluser]EEssam[/eluser]
Thanks for the quick reply but it's already like this:

Code:
$application_folder = "application";

What should I change?

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
It's relative to the system directory, so I think it needs to be:

Code:
$application_folder = "../application";

[eluser]EEssam[/eluser]
The "problem" is both are working perfectly ($application_folder = "application"; & $application_folder = "../application"Wink but I'm afraid of server compatibility issues.

What do you mean?

[eluser]Thorpe Obazee[/eluser]
It's perfectly normal if you try to put the application folder out of the system folder. I believe there won't be server compatibility issues.

[eluser]jdfwarrior[/eluser]
[quote author="TheFuzzy0ne" date="1243229232"]What do you mean?[/quote]

What he's saying is.. is that its not relative to the system folder. In another installation I had. I removed application from system and renamed it app, and renamed system to ci. I went to index.php and just updated the names, I didn't change path to show that the app folder wasn't in the system folder. You dont have to put ../ in from of it.

[eluser]Thorpe Obazee[/eluser]
[quote author="jdfwarrior" date="1243244937"]
What he's saying is.. is that its not relative to the system folder. In another installation I had. I removed application from system and renamed it app, and renamed system to ci. I went to index.php and just updated the names, I didn't change path to show that the app folder wasn't in the system folder. You dont have to put ../ in from of it.[/quote]

I think Fuzzy was asking about what the guy means by 'compatibility issues' in the previous post.

[quote author="bargainph" date="1243245419"]I think Fuzzy was asking about what the guy means by 'compatibility issues' in the previous post.[/quote]

That's exactly what I meant. Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB