Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
When is next update for CI?

[eluser]Mareshal[/eluser]
I saw that many bugs have been fixed since Feb 10, 2009(CodeIgniter 1.7.1). When should we have 1.7.2 or a major upgrade?

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
I think if there is no security threatening bug found the next CI release will be a major one as the EL developers now run EE on CI and the unveiling of the new EE version is close. There is no date set as it was supposed to come out last summer. I think it's a good thing EL developers choose thorough coding and testing over meeting a deadline so i just sit back and relax until a new version comes out.

If you want the latest changes you can access the SVN trunk which is almost as stable as the official releases.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
Other then the bug fixes, are you expecting any new functionality in particular?

CI is more than I need at this moment.

SVN..you mean this: http://dev.ellislab.com/svn/CodeIgniter/trunk/ ?

Why when I click everything, I get the source code for that? even for php files

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
Mareshal, thats expected, it's so you can view/download the files
What good would it be if it tried to execute each php page (giving the no direct access error)

[eluser]JPrieto[/eluser]
forgive my ignorance about this, but
in the http://dev.ellislab.com/svn/CodeIgniter/trunk/

how can you tell which version it is?

or which file is the latest?

I tried to browse files, but I don't see nothing about version. That part should be improved in my opinion.

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
there is no version for the files as they are not official changes. Shortly before changing the version the official version number will be added but once the official version is released the trunk is in theory moved to the next version.

It's possible some of the fixes don't make it into the official release but EL developers are very careful not to make this a rule so you can use the SVN version almost blindly.

You don't need to use the whole trunk version. If there are changes in a library you want to use just fetch the library files and replace the official version files. If you have a revision system for you own code you can track the replacements.

But how we know where are changes made and where not?

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
Quote:But how we know where are changes made and where not?

Use diff views in your favorite IDE or SVN client.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB