Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI -index.php?

[eluser]Yan Heinz[/eluser]
How can I remove the index.php of CI, so that it can not be displayed in the browser.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
Have you tried reading the user guide?

just beginning to see CI!!!

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
Please mods can we have a sticky for this, this is getting silly. At least 1 new post a day about removed the index.php file.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
[quote author="adamp1" date="1245873471"]Please mods can we have a sticky for this, this is getting silly. At least 1 new post a day about removed the index.php file.[/quote]

It's been asked many, many times before but never seems to happen
Maybe if we create one and someone bumps it every few hours Wink

[quote author="adamp1" date="1245873471"]Please mods can we have a sticky for this, this is getting silly. At least 1 new post a day about removed the index.php file.[/quote]

Respect your users. U_U

the index.php file is included in the URL but can be removed using a simple file. htaccess.
But how?

I'm reading the manual and it only states, but not like?

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
Try that in your .htaccess file, also remove from the config.php the setting at the top which sets index.php, I forgot which one it is.
Code:
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond $1 !^(index\.php|images|robots\.txt)
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php/$1 [L]

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
When I say remove, I mean set to "".

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
[quote author="adamp1" date="1245875635"]also remove from the config.php the setting at the top which sets index.php, I forgot which one it is.[/quote]

It's index_page, it's the second one down

@Yan, and how was saying a sticky for this problem would be useful as it comes up so often not respecting users? It would hopefully save them time, and reduce the number of index.php/htaccess threads we see every day

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB