Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
i downloded,installed on my local host codeigniter, and made settings as told in getting started and now what?

[eluser]Ottoman[/eluser]
hi guys,

sorry for this basic basic question but i hope somebody will help me,

i downloded,installed on my local host codeigniter, and made settings as told in getting started and now what?

there is index.php of codeigniter, and how i will use it for my web site? and where to put it?

i read the guides but didnt get much

please help : )

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
Can you see it with your web browser?

Are you running a web server on this box?

What operating system and web server are you running?

[eluser]Ottoman[/eluser]
[quote author="jedd" date="1246118728"]Can you see it with your web browser?

Are you running a web server on this box?

What operating system and web server are you running?[/quote]

hello jedd,

it is installed windows xp professional on my pc,

i am running " apache 2.2.11, php 5.2.8, mysql 5.1.30"

and yes i see it on my localhost, i created a virtual directory and put all the files of codeigniter in that directory and when i access to virtual directory such as "http://localhost/test" i see wellcome screen of codeigniter

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
Ah, okay - so it's all working, you just don't know what to do with all that power?

Have you read through the CI user manual? You should work your way through the General Topics - in order. It's pretty well explained in there, from memory.

[eluser]Ottoman[/eluser]
yes jedd it is all working now,

i read the starting guides but i did not get much as i am really new with frameworks,

thanks for advise i will start with general topics and will do research,

now i want to make "rewrite url"

i made a .htaccess file and put this codes in it

DirectoryIndex index.php
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond $1 !^(index\.php|images|css|js|robots\.txt|favicon\.ico)
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ ./index.php/$1 [L,QSA]

it is working "http://localhost/test/index.php/hello
but
it is not working "http://localhost/test/hello"

where am i doing mistake?

thanks in advange

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
This is my .htaccess .. you might be able to just plug this one in (yours seems more complex than it should be)
Code:
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond $1 !^(index\.php|assets|robots\.txt)
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ ./index.php/$1 [L]

Are you new to PHP and/or web development? If you are, then .. buy a book Wink

If you are not, and it's just the framework, then .. well, I refer you back to the Model, Controller and View chapters of the user guide. I'd suggest you watch the couple of videos that are pointed from the CodeIgniter main page - they are very good tutorials. There's also been a few links to some new video tutorials posted in these forums recently - they should be findable pretty easy (subject is video tutorial or something from memory).

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
Did you put the .htaccess in the web root or in the test directory? It needs to be in the same directory as index.php

[eluser]Ottoman[/eluser]
[quote author="Dam1an" date="1246133130"]Did you put the .htaccess in the web root or in the test directory? It needs to be in the same directory as index.php[/quote]

hello dam1an,

yes i did put the .htaccess file in the same directory but it is still doesnt work

what else can i do?

am i doing some wrong? i couldnt do it and i dont get why? i do all the things in the documents that i found
can you give me some example .htaccess file for it? and can you explain to me?

it would be great if you help

thanks

[eluser]Ottoman[/eluser]
[quote author="jedd" date="1246132779"]This is my .htaccess .. you might be able to just plug this one in (yours seems more complex than it should be)
Code:
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond $1 !^(index\.php|assets|robots\.txt)
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ ./index.php/$1 [L]

Are you new to PHP and/or web development? If you are, then .. buy a book Wink

If you are not, and it's just the framework, then .. well, I refer you back to the Model, Controller and View chapters of the user guide. I'd suggest you watch the couple of videos that are pointed from the CodeIgniter main page - they are very good tutorials. There's also been a few links to some new video tutorials posted in these forums recently - they should be findable pretty easy (subject is video tutorial or something from memory).[/quote]

thanks Smile i have alot of books

[eluser]yelirekim[/eluser]
The .htaccess file isn't going to work because when you give a path to a RewriteRule it reads based on the DocumentRoot of your host, try putting the CI install in the root of your localhost directory, or changing the RewriteRule to reflect the fact that your intended target is not in the document root.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB