Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
[$config['index_page'] = ""] still requires index.php in url

[eluser]pmhart[/eluser]
I have been trying to get my server working with codeigniter using a directory URI system. I have the latest version installed.

I set the following in my config:
$config['index_page'] = "";

And this is my htaccess file:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^system.*
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php?/$1 [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?/$1 [L]
</IfModule>

<IfModule !mod_rewrite.c>
ErrorDocument 404 /index.php
</IfModule>

For some reason, when I go to the site it still requires index.php to get the controller I expected.

domain.com/index.php/controller

but what I want is this

domain.com/controller

I emailed my server support and they said mod_rewrite is enabled...

I see the CI 404 page when I go to domain.com/controller, so because its not the default server 404, I know CI is being called.

This is why I think it might be my config, it's like I never updated it ... Is the config cached somehow?

Thanks!

[eluser]pmhart[/eluser]
On second thought, htaccess redirecting to the index.php 404 ... I will keep working with the server support.

[eluser]Kamape[/eluser]
Tried to var_dump($_SERVER) to find out what values are passed to CI?

When using PHP as CGI sometimes PATH_INFO isn't presented in the $_SERVER global. This can sometimes mess up your router class.

[eluser]pmhart[/eluser]
[quote author="Kamape" date="1246926838"]Tried to var_dump($_SERVER) to find out what values are passed to CI?

When using PHP as CGI sometimes PATH_INFO isn't presented in the $_SERVER global. This can sometimes mess up your router class.[/quote]

I added the dump to my show_404 and I'm not seeing PATH_INFO ... Do I have to manually set it with the code in the router class?

[eluser]pmhart[/eluser]
[quote author="pmhart" date="1246927556"][quote author="Kamape" date="1246926838"]Tried to var_dump($_SERVER) to find out what values are passed to CI?

When using PHP as CGI sometimes PATH_INFO isn't presented in the $_SERVER global. This can sometimes mess up your router class.[/quote]

I added the dump to my show_404 and I'm not seeing PATH_INFO ... Do I have to manually set it with the code in the router class?[/quote]

Quick update, I changed it to AUTO and it works.

I was looking at the router class, and the logic seems way wrong.

Anyway, thanks!

[eluser]Kamape[/eluser]
[quote author="pmhart" date="1246927556"][quote author="Kamape" date="1246926838"]Tried to var_dump($_SERVER) to find out what values are passed to CI?

I added the dump to my show_404 and I'm not seeing PATH_INFO ... Do I have to manually set it with the code in the router class?[/quote]

Sorry, what i meant was the URI.php library class. I've encountered a problem when you haven't PATH_INFO set. The URI parser will look in PATH_INFO, then in the QUERY_STRING. Finally it will take the ORIG_PATH_INFO (which i suppose you have instead) and strip out SCRIPT_NAME. The problem was that ORIG_PATH_INFO and SCRIPT_NAME had the same value.

The quick (but not correct solution) is to replace line 96 in the URI.php with just:

return $path;

Let me know if this was any solution to your problem. The hard way I think is to made some configuration changes in PHP.

[eluser]pmhart[/eluser]
[quote author="Kamape" date="1246928332"][quote author="pmhart" date="1246927556"][quote author="Kamape" date="1246926838"]Tried to var_dump($_SERVER) to find out what values are passed to CI?

Sorry, what i meant was the URI.php library class. I've encountered a problem when you haven't PATH_INFO set. The URI parser will look in PATH_INFO, then in the QUERY_STRING. Finally it will take the ORIG_PATH_INFO (which i suppose you have instead) and strip out SCRIPT_NAME. The problem was that ORIG_PATH_INFO and SCRIPT_NAME had the same value.

The quick (but not correct solution) is to replace line 96 in the URI.php with just:

return $path;

Let me know if this was any solution to your problem. The hard way I think is to made some configuration changes in PHP.[/quote]

I have my uri_protocol set to "PATH_INFO"

Looking at line 96, its nested in an if that says

if (strtoupper($this->config->item('uri_protocol')) == 'AUTO') { ... }

There is no way this code would be executed anyway ...

The else statement looks like this

Code:
else
        {
            $uri = strtoupper($this->config->item('uri_protocol'));

if ($uri == 'REQUEST_URI')
            {
                $this->uri_string = $this->_parse_request_uri();
                return;
            }

$this->uri_string = (isset($_SERVER[$uri])) ? $_SERVER[$uri] : @getenv($uri);
        }

Setting it to AUTO did work ...

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hey man,

I am relatively new to CI, however I have been working with PHP for a considerable amount of time now. I am not sure whether this is the correct solution. However, you should look at some examples of how to use the .htaccess or mod_rewrite to rewrite your urls.

Instead of setting your $config['index_page'] to null, leave on index.php. You need to change the way your rewrite rule works:

This is simply an example of what I would do in the .htaccess file
Options +FollowSymLinks
Options +Indexes
RewriteEngine On

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?/$1 [L] // THE KEY IS THAT YOU WANT TO REWRITE ANY REQUESTS MADE TO THE INDEX SCRIPT, HENCE THE ^(.*)$ , FETCH THE REQUEST AND PARSE IT TO THE index.php? URI.

RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule (.*) index.php?r=$1 [QSA,L]

I cannot guarantee that this is the solution, however, if this does not work the first time try and look up some mod_rewrite tutorials, they should give plenty of examples on how to do this properly.

Kind Regards
ZeGerman

[eluser]Kamape[/eluser]
[quote author="ZeGerman" date="1247415201"]Hey man,

I am relatively new to CI, however I have been working with PHP for a considerable amount of time now. I am not sure whether this is the correct solution. However, you should look at some examples of how to use the .htaccess or mod_rewrite to rewrite your urls.

Instead of setting your $config['index_page'] to null, leave on index.php. You need to change the way your rewrite rule works:

This is simply an example of what I would do in the .htaccess file
Options +FollowSymLinks
Options +Indexes
RewriteEngine On

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?/$1 [L] // THE KEY IS THAT YOU WANT TO REWRITE ANY REQUESTS MADE TO THE INDEX SCRIPT, HENCE THE ^(.*)$ , FETCH THE REQUEST AND PARSE IT TO THE index.php? URI.

RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule (.*) index.php?r=$1 [QSA,L]

I cannot guarantee that this is the solution, however, if this does not work the first time try and look up some mod_rewrite tutorials, they should give plenty of examples on how to do this properly.

Kind Regards
ZeGerman[/quote]

The problem isn't in that area though, cause when adding 'index.php' to $config array, the index.php is printed on any of the anchors create by the site_url() helper.

You instead want to REMOVE the index.php from your anchors and INSERT it in your .htaccess file. I'm not sure but in your example i'll guess an URL to www.example.com/index.php/show/page would route to www.example.com/index.php/index.php/show/page

The problem here i'll think relays in the php server configuration or something like that.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB