Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
When will CI support PHP 5.3?

[eluser]Derek Jones[/eluser]
I just think that's an interesting statement (that not releasing rapidly gives CI a bad image) given that Zend themselves just released PHP 5.3 compatibility for its framework and IDE yesterday (and it doesn't look like Cake has even started on 5.3 compatibility).

[eluser]Josepzin[/eluser]
Update, update, update! (please!)

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
[quote author="Josepzin" date="1252268641"]Update, update, update! (please!)[/quote]
Update on what?

[eluser]Josepzin[/eluser]
To 1.7.2 version with the PHP 5.3 problem solved.

EDIT: Ooook!, i have updated with this http://www.derekallard.com/blog/post/che...repository
Smile

[eluser]skunkbad[/eluser]
Isn't a quick fix for 5.3.0 just to replace instances of "=&" with "=" ? Is there anything else?

Yes, other changes are required, and that particular edit will be detrimental if you want your version to remain compatible with PHP < 5.3 as well.

Release will be coming soon.

[eluser]megabyte[/eluser]
So a website I build a few months ago, the hosting company I guess decided to update to
PHP 5.3.0 today and I got a call from the client.

Now there are a bunch of errors:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in common.php

The URI you submitted has disallowed characters.

and a few date errors.

So my quesiton is, what do I do

[quote author="megabyte" date="1262505822"]So my quesiton is, what do I do[/quote]

Update to 1.7.2 released September '09. For the date errors, make sure the environment has the timezone correctly configured.

[eluser]megabyte[/eluser]
Thanks very much Derek. Thats what I just did.

I did also have to set the date.timezone in my php.ini file as well.

I did a phpinfo() and found they have an error with regards to the timezone as well. it says no value

Did you restart Apache after adding the correct timezone in the php.ini file?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB