Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Is my application fast?

[eluser]CISCK[/eluser]
I'm using the Profiler class to optimize my application. I'd like to know what specs you consider acceptable for memory usage and benchmarking (total execution time). Thanks!

[eluser]garymardell[/eluser]
It would depend on the application entirely. Frankly not that it matters what is acceptable, it should be fast enough to handle the volume of users that will view the site and be as fast as you can make it without over working the situation. You can spend ages trying to make it as fast as possible but if only 5 people are ever going to use your app as long as it functions it doesn't really matter that much. The speed and memory really needs to reflect the number of users, and the time you wish to invest making it faster to scale better.

[eluser]CISCK[/eluser]
Thanks for the response. I completely agree with you. It does depend on the situation, and optimizing an app that only 5 people are using probably wouldn't be worth the effort. That said, I just started developing my first potentially high-volume app, and am curious how other CI powered apps are performing. I don't think that performance should take precedence over developing a worthwhile product, but it is a small piece of the puzzle.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB