Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
phpBB3 library

[eluser]Maglok[/eluser]
I'm just gonna bump this for a sec. Very simple bridge, I like the concept.

I have installed a phpbb3, no problem. Can access it and everything. The moment I reference the library in my code by loading it, the page fails though.

Code:
parent::Controller();    
        $this->load->model('model_persoon', '', TRUE);
        $this->load->model('model_karakter', '', TRUE);
        $this->load->model('model_inschrijving', '', TRUE);
        $this->load->library('phpbb_library');

That is the include bit of the constructor of the controller in which I want access to the phpbb_library library. My suspicion is that I am not putting down the correct FORUM_ROOT_PATH. I have tried quite a few options there though. It is located at http://www.symbols-larp.com/phplarp/phpBB3

This did not work:

Code:
base_url() . '/phpBB3/'
'/www/phplarp/phpBB3/'
'/www.symbols-larp.com/phplarp/phpBB3/'
'/symbols-larp.com/phplarp/phpBB3/'
'/phplarp/phpBB3/'

Or it could be something else all together. Any clue?

[eluser]bEz[/eluser]
@Maglok

have you tried doing this:
Code:
define('FORUM_ROOT_PATH', '/path/to/your/phpbb3/installation/');
$phpbb_root_path = (defined('PHPBB_ROOT_PATH')) ? PHPBB_ROOT_PATH : FORUM_ROOT_PATH;
To clear things up, do you have a successful installation of PHPBB3 running on the server?
If so, the forum path is in the config.php file of the forum installation directory.

:coolhmm: bEz

[eluser]Maglok[/eluser]
What you quoted is the basic, but I still need to put in the url then.

Yes I have a successful phpbb3 running. http://www.symbols-larp.com/phplarp/phpBB3.

The config file does not have the forum installation directory, it has this:

Code:
<?php
// phpBB 3.0.x auto-generated configuration file
// Do not change anything in this file!
$dbms = 'mysql';
$dbhost = 'localhost';
$dbport = '';
$dbname = 'CENSOR';
$dbuser = 'CENSOR';
$dbpasswd = 'CENSOR';
$table_prefix = 'phpbb_';
$acm_type = 'file';
$load_extensions = '';

@define('PHPBB_INSTALLED', true);
// @define('DEBUG', true);
// @define('DEBUG_EXTRA', true);
?>

[eluser]Maglok[/eluser]
update: Could it be that CI is tripping over the fact the server runs PHP 4.4.9 and does some get_instance?

[eluser]umefarooq[/eluser]
i have a site build on CI with DX_auth having multiple users on it and i want to add phpbb forum in my project like phpbb3 is it possible my CI site user after login can access phpbb3 without login. and if admin try to login to backend is it possible with the same library or not.

[eluser]LifeSteala[/eluser]
Did you get it to work Maglok? I'm having the same problem.. I installed the forum at www.mydomain.com/forums (this is actually a subdomain, so - forums.mydomain.com). My CI based site is at the root - www.mydomain.com. I've set FORUM_ROOT_PATH to 'forums/' and I get:

You are not logged-in.

(I am using the test code found in the Wiki.)

Any idea's?

Thanks!

[eluser]Maglok[/eluser]
I actually have access to php5 now.

Not working just yet:

Code:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare redirect() (previously declared in /home/content/85/5336885/html/test/system/helpers/url_helper.php:530) in /home/content/85/5336885/html/forum/includes/functions.php on line 2439

Apparantly the url_helper and the forum functions.php both have a function redirect(). Crap. Tongue Will keep posted.

It does at least instance now, which would be php5 at work. *Goes back to figgling*

[eluser]ChrisMiller[/eluser]
To fix that problem you have to open forum_functions.php and search for
Code:
function redirect( ... )
{
}

Once you find that replace add this around the function.

Code:
if( ! function_exists('redirect') )
{
    // Original Function
    function redirect( ... )
    {
    }
    // End of Original Function
}

[eluser]Maglok[/eluser]
Well yes. Here's a thing though: Let's say I have a Controller in which I use the CI redirect(), but the page also has a login box which will redirect you back to this page using the forum redirect(), thus needing access to both, no?

[eluser]ChrisMiller[/eluser]
Yes/no, I do believe the ci function works the same as the forum one. I have not opened up the file for awhile to check but rarely will you have to use the forum redirect when integrating with the website. I have done this before and did not run into any problems.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB