Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
when release CI 2.0!?

[eluser]zeros0[/eluser]
Pls Kohana have ORM!!..

CI .. ORM PLS!!

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
What's the fascination with ORM? They're not particularly efficient when built on top of standard relational databases.

I doubt the next release of CI would include an ORM anyway, so I wouldn't be holding my breath with that expectation.

I suspect the next release of CI will include the Cart library, and possibly some support for AJAX, but this is rampant speculation on my behalf (well, the Cart is pretty much guaranteed as it's in the CVS now).

EDIT: and besides, you can bang in your own ORM of choice into CI if you really want to go down that path anyway - there's plenty of threads and wiki articles that talk about how to do this.

[eluser]Johan André[/eluser]
jadda jadda...

Try Datamapper or IgnitedRecord...
CI2.0 (if released soon) will probably not have ORM builtin anyway...

I've done alot of projects with CI 1.7 and it works great, even without ORM.
ORM usually (correct me if I'm wrong) add quite an overhead to apps.

haha! you beat me to it!

thumbs up jedd! Smile

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
I love ORM in desktop apps but I think since it has to be re-loaded on every page on a website its just not as feasible. I also don't understand why people keep wanting new versions of CI, if there isn't really anything which need fixing why try and fix it.

As the saying goes:
Quote:If It Ain't Broken, Don't Fix It

I have to say I think CI is already getting too bloated, things like the cart library. The other thing is updates in the past I have found have broken old CI code, so I am more than happy with CI 1.7.1

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
Paraphrasing Derek Allard: EE 2.0 beta runs on a nearly stock install of CodeIgniter from SVN.

SVN has no ORM. And besides, the concept of ORM has been perverted to mean a certain type of automation where a "framework" or library is "smart enough" to automatically maintain data relationships (one-to-many, many-to-many relationships) while providing a pseudo-persistent data management layer (at a sometimes steep performance cost). ORM just means objects in your application map to stored objects. It describes how programming is done, not a way to program.

You're better off 1.) learning how to use SQL JOINS and other methods to work with relational data whilst 2.) learning to optimally manipulate relational data as opposed to using a rigid, auto-magic out-of-the-box "ORM" solution.

[eluser]sl3dg3hamm3r[/eluser]
Further more, you also could write your own data access objects (see DAO pattern) in order to retreive data from DB and fill your business-objects. It is also a good way to keep your business-layer completely unaware from the persistence layer.

[eluser]Atas[/eluser]
Hello, i use this ORM:

http://www.phpfour.com/blog/2009/02/upda...-ajax-php/

Adaptations:
http://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/dMH4H0...OgeJe5afGb

:wow:

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
The constant repetition of topics on this forum gives me a migraine...

[quote author="Phil Sturgeon" date="1249671943"]The constant repetition of topics on this forum gives me a migraine...[/quote]

Haha! Me too...

Btw, how do I remove index.php from my urls?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB