Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
What programs are used in Tutorial Videos?

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hello,

I'm watching the CodeIgnitor tutorial videos. What programs are shown? One looks like it's for managing files and programming, the other for SQL entries.

Thanks!

Brady

[eluser]Crimp[/eluser]
1. TextMate
2. CocoaMySQL

Both Mac.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
[quote author="Crimp" date="1184934922"]1. TextMate
2. CocoaMySQL

Both Mac.[/quote]

AWESOME! Thanks!

[eluser]Christopher Blankenship[/eluser]
For those of you looking for the features of the TextMate's Browser side menu with dropdown folder view.

For Linux, I use gEdit.
Here are the instructions for configuration.
1. Open gEdit.
2. Click Edit->Preferences.
3. Preferences;
a. View Tab.
. Click Display line numbers.
b. Editor Tab.
. Tab width set to 3
. Insert spaces instead of tabs clicked
. Enable automatic indentation.
c. Plugins
. File browser pane clicked
. And any additional plugin you would like.
4. Click Close
5. Restart gEdit
6. Click View->SidePane
7. Bottom of SidePane will be a file cabinet click it then browse to your base folder then use arrows to open folders below the root and double click files to open.

[eluser]Chris The Techie[/eluser]
There is a version/clone of TextMate for windows here: http://www.e-texteditor.com/

Seems quite well written.

I've found CocoaMySQL to be VERY unreliable. MySQL Administrator from dev.mysql.com is much more stable.

[eluser]Gordaen[/eluser]
Wait a minute, you don't all just use vim for all kinds of text editing?

MySQL Administrator seems great. I actually just started using it a couple of days ago (previously always used the command line or PHPMyAdmin).

[quote author="Chris The Techie" date="1185418658"]There is a version/clone of TextMate for windows here: http://www.e-texteditor.com/

Seems quite well written.

I've found CocoaMySQL to be VERY unreliable. MySQL Administrator from dev.mysql.com is much more stable.[/quote]

I don't like to have to buy anything granted I will say it looks like an upgrade from TextPad which is what I currently use under Windows when I happen to be on Windows (hahaha).

[quote author="Gordaen" date="1185426121"]Wait a minute, you don't all just use vim for all kinds of text editing?

MySQL Administrator seems great. I actually just started using it a couple of days ago (previously always used the command line or PHPMyAdmin).[/quote]

I happen to use gedit, vi, scite, emacs based on whatever mood strikes me. But here lately have been using gedit quite a bit.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB