Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
XAMPP Errors On CodeIgniter Localhost

[eluser]iancant[/eluser]
Hi,

I have recently been getting my machine running on a localhost for development, however I am finding some weird errors being kicked back.

Code:
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\system\codeigniter\Common.php on line 130

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\xampp\htdocs\system\codeigniter\Common.php on line 136
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: 8192

Filename: codeigniter/CodeIgniter.php

Line Number: 60

A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: 8192

Message: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated

Filename: libraries/Loader.php

Line Number: 255

I am unsure if these are errors that I am expecting to see, or if something is wrong with my XAMPP install.

The normal CI welcome view does display below, but if this is expected behaviour can someone advise on how I could get the php errors to disappear.

Thanks In Advance

Ian

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
The latest XAMPP comes with PHP5.3, which causes some issues with the 1.7.1 version of CI, but the SVN trunk version works with PHP 5.3, so I'd download that, and you should be ok

[eluser]iancant[/eluser]
Thanks very much Dam1an, I was looking through things and couldn't seem to find any related posts.

Are there any other modifications on the svn that I should be aware of? Sorry I'm a new subversion and CI user.

TIA

Ian

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
[quote author="iancant" date="1251081823"]Thanks very much Dam1an, I was looking through things and couldn't seem to find any related posts.
[/quote]
Really... Cause there are numerous posts with that same error string (well, maybe not with that exact path, but the same error message, including this thread on PHP5.3 compatability

[quote author="iancant" date="1251081823"]
Are there any other modifications on the svn that I should be aware of? Sorry I'm a new subversion and CI user.[/quote]

The main other addition in the SVN is the addition of the cart class, but you can view the change log in your SVN client of choice (I recommend tortoise if you're on windows)

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB