Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
AJAX IE and The URI you submitted has disallowed characters.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I have a problem on a app i´m building in CI.
I have a from page the the user can perform various functions. All functions is sent via prototype Ajax to the CI controller and handled from there. Everything is working as it should in Firefox. But in IE I'm getting errors when sending Ajax requests with åäö in the Uri.

I'm building my Ajax requests as urls with all the parameters in the uri. As i live in sweden we have åäö in our language and they may appear in some of the parameters im sending. I have allowed the åäö in the config file, and its working fine in Firefox.
In ie, im able to go directly to the page requested by Ajax with åäö in the uri as parameters. But when requested via Ajax from the front page i get the The URI you submitted has disallowed characters, error.
This is the js code for the request.
Code:
new Ajax.Updater('message', url + operator + '/' + param1+ '/' + param2 + '/' + param3 + '/' + param4 + '/' + param4 + '/' + param5 + '/' + param6 + '/' + param7);

If i enter the exact same address as above directly in the Ie navbar i get no error, and the data is sent as it should.

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
alert() the string you are trying to send, it probably does have invalid parameters. You should try and send this data via POST instead of sending it through the URL.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I have used alert on the string and everything looks as it should. I used FirebugLite for IE and consoled out the dom object that is created and it looks exactly the same as the one i see in firebug in Firefox.
I know i should but i was hoping to create them like this for ease with other apps that can just call the uri with the correct parameters.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB