Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Strange issue with Safari

[eluser]skunkbad[/eluser]
Did you try adding no-cache headers to your pages?

[eluser]Tobz[/eluser]
No I haven't tried that yet - maybe this has come up because I added headers(etags, etc...) specifically *to* cache as much as possible.

I'll give it a go when I find some time.

Cheers.

[eluser]neal789[/eluser]
Hey Tobz,

Any luck with this? My problem with Safari is similar, but only happening when submitting forms with html tags in the input.

Any guidance is much appreciated.

[eluser]tomcode[/eluser]
I've had this problem with Safari, too, especially with the 4.0.3 version and older, and not only with forms, for instance this forum would not charge sometimes. A page refresh would solve the issue. Since my upgrade to 4.0.4 it's ok.

[eluser]Kenneth Allen[/eluser]
I have also noticed that the issue is far less frequent with Safari 4.0.4, although I believe that I still see it from time to time (I am so used to it now that I just press the action again and it works).

[eluser]neal789[/eluser]
Maybe I'm having a different issue, because refreshing the page is not helping.

When I submit forms with script tag in a text input, the safari loading icon just spins. Page never loads and eventually I get a timeout. It's only with safari. Very weird. I'm on 4.0.3

Any thoughts?

[eluser]tomcode[/eluser]
Upgrade to 4.0.4 and try again

[eluser]neal789[/eluser]
I could upgrade but I was hoping to solve the problem, then upgrade.

[eluser]Jamie Rumbelow[/eluser]
It could be a problem with Gzipping the data - some servers send compressed headers that piss off Safari, and I have experienced this weird behaviour before. Turn off all gzipping and see if that makes a difference.

Jamie

[eluser]neal789[/eluser]
I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB