Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
[RESOLVED] NSURLErrorDomain:-1005 errors in Safari and nothing loading in Firefox

[eluser]SethG[/eluser]
I am building a CRM and project management app using codeigniter. This morning I completed a bunch of cleanup work where I moved validation settings to models and changed the names of methods in my controllers to improve consistency. For example in my controller for organzitions, contacts, and jobs i have methods for "create", "view", and "edit".

I tested these locally and all looks and works good. I upload the changes to my production host which happens to be an enginehosting shared server. The pages that use that target the new methods when browsed to given me an "NSURLErrorDomain:-1005" in safari and a blank page in firefox.

Again, testing on local server was just fine. I read on the web that someone had these errors because of fastcgi and it required a restart of apache to clear things up. I contacted EngineHosting and they said they run mod_php and they did not know what that could be and suggested it to be an issue with CI code.

Any suggestions from the board?

TYIA

[eluser]SethG[/eluser]
I figured it out. Seems my controller function/method that I called "view" is creating the trouble. Must be used for another purpose. Is there a list of "untouchable" method names that is good to have a bookmark to?

[eluser]sophistry[/eluser]
yes. here is the list of reserved words in CI.

BTW, i've been bitten by that before too - super annoying when you forget it.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB